2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think iwobi has improved but I still think James was a better #10. That guys vision was impeccable

There no thinking about it, James was streets and streets and streets and streets ahead of Iwobi and the rest of all the Everton teams put together in the last 5 years.

A half fit James is still better than anything else we've seen in years
Not checked in here for ages..... But both those arguments (whilst factually correct) hold as much weight as the "Yerry is our best defender when fit"

James just can't be bothered with football.

Not unhappy with that tbh. His current form would result in a decent transfer fee, if we don’t sign him up we risk yet another multimillion right off.
That and he’s actually performing.
If £100k is correct it’s £20k less that Gomes and Mina so might even indicate some financial restraint for a change.
The only reason why Mina and Gomes are on so much is because they're both coming from Barcelona with big wages...a huge gamble at the time that did not paid off and we're still impacted by it years later. 100k for iwobi is on the expensive side of things bearing in mind that his end product is still not at the level you would expect from a top premier league player. However he is still young and probably a year or 2 from his peak so hopefully there is more to come.

The only reason why Mina and Gomes are on so much is because they're both coming from Barcelona with big wages...a huge gamble at the time that did not paid off and we're still impacted by it years later. 100k for iwobi is on the expensive side of things bearing in mind that his end product is still not at the level you would expect from a top premier league player. However he is still young and probably a year or 2 from his peak so hopefully there is more to come.
Agreed, however if he goes for free he will easily get a £21m 4 year contract. Least this way we should recoup decent money when he’s sold (in theory)
The alternative I guess is take up to £10m or so for him now but not sure what that would get us, either in footballing ability or our scouting depts less than stellar ability to unearth value. Not to mention the replacement will likely be on at least £50k anyway.

Agreed, however if he goes for free he will easily get a £21m 4 year contract. Least this way we should recoup decent money when he’s sold (in theory)
The alternative I guess is take up to £10m or so for him now but not sure what that would get us, either in footballing ability or our scouting depts less than stellar ability to unearth value. Not to mention the replacement will likely be on at least £50k anyway.
If he goes for free he easy gets 100m from another club, so we either pay him or lose him and have to find the money for a fee to replace him + wages.

It's straight forward, we have to pay him, because if we dont it will cost us a lot more, and after last season he totally deserves it

He doesn’t get a 100k a week contract anywhere else other than Everton. He’s improved from his very low standards, but he’s a downgrade from Sigurdsson, who wasn’t exactly Peter Beardsley himself. If Everton are to improve, we will need better than Iwobi.

He doesn’t get a 100k a week contract anywhere else other than Everton. He’s improved from his very low standards, but he’s a downgrade from Sigurdsson, who wasn’t exactly Peter Beardsley himself. If Everton are to improve, we will need better than Iwobi.
He's going to end up on a team better than ours and we'll still be saying this. One of our best moves.

Nar, we paid 34m for him and hes played for 6months.

Not a good move.
Oh sorry didn't mean it like that. I meant one of the fan bases best moves is, for example, acting like Moise Kean is still bad and that we didn't screw that up while he's useful for Juventus who are far better than us. We'll be doing that with Iwobi when he's at like Sevilla or something.

Oh sorry didn't mean it like that. I meant one of the fan bases best moves is, for example, acting like Moise Kean is still bad and that we didn't screw that up while he's useful for Juventus who are far better than us. We'll be doing that with Iwobi when he's at like Sevilla or something.
Moise Kean was bad for us tho mate.

He was hung out to dry by Ferguson for sure, but he really wasnt the same player we are seeing at Juve.

Moise Kean was bad for us tho mate.

He was hung out to dry by Ferguson for sure, but he really wasnt the same player we are seeing at Juve.
He was fine enough that we could have had him come around with a bit of commitment (on both sides fwiw) and a plan. Yes he's gotten better but a 20 year old getting better isn't really a shocker you know?

I don’t see that move happening mate. And hasn’t Moise Kean’s return to Juve largely been a disaster? They were crying their eyes out and begging us to change an already agreed transfer deal just a few months ago, trying to sell him before they’d even bought him.

Your best players should your top earners, he is easily one of our best.
Is that a reflection on the quality of the squad? Maybe, however we can't afford to lose a player who walks into our starting 11

Status
Not open for further replies.