Mick Meagan RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

63 title winner, RIP Mick
Mick was an assuming and very under rated player and man, I watched him when he first came over from Eire,he was an inside forward with the “ A” team, moved forward to the reserves but backwards in position to left half, made further progress to the first team as a midfielder and then left back.

He was with Everton for many years,never a moan out of him, just got on with the job of being an Everton footballer, but most of all a team player who put the team and club before himself every time even when he moved to Huddersfield Town in part exchange for Ray Wilson.

Goodnight,God bless Mick, Rest in Peace, I prefer players and gentlemen like you Mick to most of the present generation of players who put money and themselves without a thought for anything else.

Had the pleasure of meeting Mick for the first time back in September. I brought a few pictures that I printed out from the old pictures thread on this site and he was delighted to talk football with us for nearly two hours, although you could see him getting emotional when looking at photos of his playing days when so many that played alongside him had passed away already. RIP Mick, you`ll be greatly missed by all those who knew you.

From that 62/63 side if i'm correct we've sadly now lost Gordon West, Brian Labone, Mick Meagan, Alex Parker, George Thomson, Billy Bingham, Brian Harris, Jimmy Gabriel, Dennis Stevens, Roy Vernon and Alex Young

Only Johnny Morrissey and Tony Kay left I think ?

Could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.