2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve more issue with spending 20m on McNeill when his stats for Burnley were so bad.
They weren’t that bad - in fact he rates quite highly in some aspects.
D21F35A4-3EDE-4EC2-8E37-3A8E38AF6AF1.jpeg

To be honest I don't really care what he does for Belgium, Its what he does for Everton that matters.
He'd hardly really kicked a ball before he came to us, and also been in 3 different countries in the space of 3yrs whilst only now being 21.
he should of really been bedded in gradually, but no this is Everton we don't have the players or the time so he was thrown straight in the deep end in the hardest league in the world.
The poor lad needs a bit of time, he also needs a bit of quality around him so he's not walking onto the pitch with the weight of the world on his shoulders every game.
Once and if we can give him this we will obviously start seeing the best of him, only then can he really be judged.

Also I don't think he was ever top of our agenda of signings, I expect we were interested and keeping an eye on him, But West Ham's sudden bid twisted our hands so we had to jump in straight away...

We just need a good few attackers in Jan and things will gradually start looking Rosy ( If Only )

Laughable fan base, having a go at onana playing for a manager who can't get a tune out de brunye. No wonder players lose heart at confidence at this club, we are toxic
Whilst I agree, my feelings have very little to do with him playing in this World Cup.

Felli is the best example, he joined Everton as a very young lad and he was terrible for a while, in time he improved, im very hopeful that Onana can do the same.

Im not expecting him to be the finished product at 21 and im very willing to give him time to grow, I just feel currently hes a bit raw shall we say.

Whilst I agree, my feelings have very little to do with him playing in this World Cup.

Felli is the best example, he joined Everton as a very young lad and he was terrible for a while, in time he improved, im very hopeful that Onana can do the same.

Im not expecting him to be the finished product at 21 and im very willing to give him time to grow, I just feel currently hes a bit raw shall we say.
Felli potential was obvious, so is onanas. Like felli if he is actually allowed to play midfield and not get stuck up top because he is tall he will develop better. I remember the clueless bears having a pop at felli and the same clueless beauts are still potent in our fanbase

Everton fans - we should stop wasting money on experienced players and go for youth with potential.

Also Everton fans - why are we wasting money on young players with potential

Everton fans - our midfield is rubbish, we need to sign someone to play there

Also Everton fans - why are we buying midfielders, we need forwards

Imagine though thinking i'll have a nice break from this crap Everton team. Only to go to an even crappier international team.

Everton fans - we should stop wasting money on experienced players and go for youth with potential.

Also Everton fans - why are we wasting money on young players with potential

Everton fans - our midfield is rubbish, we need to sign someone to play there

Also Everton fans - why are we buying midfielders, we need forwards
Best thing to do really is ignore people on the internet.

Laughable fan base, having a go at onana playing for a manager who can't get a tune out de brunye. No wonder players lose heart at confidence at this club, we are toxic

Bravo. Jags, Baines, Fellaini all took a year before they started to contribute. Any player who doesn't score a hat trick as soon as they come here gets the 'he's crap'. Boils my piss.

Bravo. Jags, Baines, Fellaini all took a year before they started to contribute. Any player who doesn't score a hat trick as soon as they come here gets the 'he's crap'. Boils my piss.
Same fans will still be patting themselves on the bag for turning up for 3 games last year for the first time in 20 years. Spot on with those names, jags and felli in particular got absolute pelters in their first months at the club

He is a cracking young player....21 starting games in the world cup is one hell of a position to be in...how many other so called older top midfielders dont ever do thet ??
And how many are playing poorly too ?!

Some of our fans expect Pele performances from our players....and cry when it doesn't happen.

Get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.