New Everton Stadium Discussion

Gutted my old man missed out on experiencing the new stadium. He'd regularly walk up to the top of Everton park to look down at the progress of the new site. He passed away 13th October. Still have so many memories with him at Goodison, will be a heartbreaking moment when we finally leave her. Hoping you can buy a memorial brick at the new place, similar to the current wall by the Dixie statue. Has the club any plans to include something like this at Bramley Moore?
Deepest sympathies to you, your family and all your dad's friends.
RIP?

Not sure I follow that logic tbh.

The main stand is the stand where the players emerge, where the dugouts are, where the directors sit and where the bulk of the corporate seating is located.

That's definitely the west stand.

The away support has been moved from the south end of the east stand (bullens) to the north end. Reason being it makes zero sense to have away fans next to our core 'home' end, which in Bramley Moore is the south end, not the north as it is at Goodison.
Its 1 of the things that has confused me most about the design. I mentioned in an earlier post that having the window end facing the way that it does doesnt make much sense as the main view is back toward the city, but apparently it has to do with light and not design. But the ground layout is almost entire mirror view of everything at Goodison. Which will have an effect when it comes to sorting out distribution of current season ticket holders new seats. In a stadium that was designed to reflect or replicate Goodison, it does seem odd.

Not trying to be negative, just an observation.

Gutted my old man missed out on experiencing the new stadium. He'd regularly walk up to the top of Everton park to look down at the progress of the new site. He passed away 13th October. Still have so many memories with him at Goodison, will be a heartbreaking moment when we finally leave her. Hoping you can buy a memorial brick at the new place, similar to the current wall by the Dixie statue. Has the club any plans to include something like this at Bramley Moore?
Ah mate that’s choked me up. So sorry for your loss.

Deepest sympathies mate.

Really sorry for your loss mate,my old fella is 84,not in the best of health these days,but wants to be around when we move,I hope he makes it,all the good blues who have passed on such as your dad will be looking down proudly when we move,although it will be so sad leaving the old lady behind.??
Lovely post mate, just had 9 days in Southport Hospital with my old fella, same age 84, I'm hoping he gets to see BMD in all its glory, hope yours gets to do the same mate.

I've taken him up to see it going up a few times, proper old man when he says, "just a building site" lol.

I know deep down he's as excited as we are but is also feeling the wrench of leaving Goodison, all his memories of his Dad are within those stands.

Took him to watch the Palace game, thoroughly enjoyed it but I think the Main Stand may have been his undoing!!!

?

There are a few of us in the same boat, so to speak. I am in my late 70's and I do hope I will see it even hopefully sit in it.

Sorry to read this. Just want to send my condolences and thoughts.

Not sure I follow that logic tbh.

The main stand is the stand where the players emerge, where the dugouts are, where the directors sit and where the bulk of the corporate seating is located.

That's definitely the west stand.

The away support has been moved from the south end of the east stand (bullens) to the north end. Reason being it makes zero sense to have away fans next to our core 'home' end, which in Bramley Moore is the south end, not the north as it is at Goodison.
Exactly

Also, I expect they will park all the away coaches up that road, away from the city centre so it makes sense to have them sat in that corner

When the outer structure is completed, does there have to be some mechanical "drying-out" process on the core before the work on the inner structure can begin?

Just asking from curiosity as sometimes it looks very wet and damp down there obviously.

Clearly I know nothing about construction and engineering it's just something that has come to mind watching things progress.

When the outer structure is completed, does there have to be some mechanical "drying-out" process on the core before the work on the inner structure can begin?

Just asking from curiosity as sometimes it looks very wet and damp down there obviously.

Clearly I know nothing about construction and engineering it's just something that has come to mind watching things progress.
Concrete curing is a chemical reaction, bit of water on it won't do any harm

I think they'll let Blue Bill loose down there, blowing his hot air all over the shop.

A few days of the old Uncle Cyril stories should do the trick.

Hope not I've been parking on my drive that was concreted last week.