Everton Youth Teams Thread

Pretty impressive that our kids managed to beat a League Two team of men really, even if they left it late lol a handful of them should really be knocking on the first team door.

In between continually calling Liam Higgins “ Owen Barker” ?
Owen Barker did come on as a substitute along with Katie Kouyate for the last ten minutes or so, I never heard the commentary as I was at the game but when I have watched in the past I always turn the commentary off, they make me squirm, especially Snodin.

Seb Quirk had a good hand in both goals, seems like he's playing better at the mo, didn't see much in him at the start.

What position is Liam Higgins? Says right-back online?

I think he's quite versatile and has been injured so much never really established himself at a set position

Seb Quirk had a good hand in both goals, seems like he's playing better at the mo, didn't see much in him at the start.

What position is Liam Higgins? Says right-back online?
Liam Higgins was originally a right mid fielder at u18s , he was tried out at right back at u23s a long time ago , possibly two years, I think it may have only been one or two games. Then he suffered a significant injury and was out a long time . I thought he was on his way out at one time , but we extended his contract to give him more time to get over the injury.

He played right midfield in the same Wales u16 team as Ryan Astley/ Rhys Hughes at one time , although he’s a Scholar year younger . It’s great to see him featuring at u21s , he looked lively and his goal was a bonus for him.

Liam Higgins was originally a right mid fielder at u18s , he was tried out at right back at u23s a long time ago , possibly two years, I think it may have only been one or two games. Then he suffered a significant injury and was out a long time . I thought he was on his way out at one time , but we extended his contract to give him more time to get over the injury.

He played right midfield in the same Wales u16 team as Ryan Astley/ Rhys Hughes at one time , although he’s a Scholar year younger . It’s great to see him featuring at u21s , he looked lively and his goal was a bonus for him.

Was he brought on as right wing-back last night? I thought he was another short striker of ours with that finish lol

Owen Barker did come on as a substitute along with Katie Kouyate for the last ten minutes or so, I never heard the commentary as I was at the game but when I have watched in the past I always turn the commentary off, they make me squirm, especially Snodin.
It was Darren Griffiths after Barker was brought on . It was quite easy to pick up the difference between the two in height, so a bit odd to confuse Barker and Higgins.