2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to Iwobi, he has been our best and most consistent player for about a year now, but, I'm not sure he has done enough to warrant £100k per week, especially as he was absolutely dire up until that point. I'd like to keep him, but, not at @£100k per week.

In fairness to Iwobi, he has been our best and most consistent player for about a year now, but, I'm not sure he has done enough to warrant £100k per week, especially as he was absolutely dire up until that point. I'd like to keep him, but, not at @£100k per week.
He is the nothing man of football. Much to expensive for the championship.

I was going to say that I expected him to be on more than 100k given the amount we paid for him so I imagine this would be a step down for him.

I suppose from that perspective it might make sense because we would be saving money versus what he’s on now (possibly) and it would lock him in and give us a better chance of selling him for decent money in a year or two when hopefully we won’t need him because of the improvements we have made.

Lots of possibles and probablies in there I accept

Cheers mate, so that new contract yeah, 60k a week should do it then and I'd say that's his level and a very generous offer.

Id go, existing contract for three years with an option of a fourth mate.

Have zero faith the lad won’t crumble if Lampard isn’t here and he was honestly one of the worst Everton players I’ve seen before that, I’d be shocked if Lampard is here in five years, therefore wouldn’t be handing out five year contracts.

If you think about it logically, whose going to buy him…..

At the moment he costs us:

Wages: 4.16 mill

Ammortisation: 6.8 mill

Total annual cost: 10.96 mill.

His book price this summer is 6.8 mill. So his ammortisation would drop to 1.39 mill mill from 6.8 mill if he signs a five year deal. So the club would save 5.5 mill in annual costs on amortisation, less any bump in pay.

If he was to sign a 100k a week for five years he would cost us:

Annual wage: 5.2 mill

Ammortisation: 1.39 mill

Total annual cost: 6.59 mill.

We would save: 4.37 mill in costs.

Still I’d only extend his existing deal for three years, he hasn’t been a player worth 11 mill a season for us over the last three and half years.

Id go, existing contract for three years with an option of a fourth mate.

Have zero faith the lad won’t crumble if Lampard isn’t here and he was honestly one of the worst Everton players I’ve seen before that, I’d be shocked if Lampard is here in five years, therefore wouldn’t be handing out five year contracts.

If you think about it logically, whose going to buy him…..

At the moment he costs us:

Wages: 4.16 mill

Ammortisation: 6.8 mill

Total annual cost: 10.96 mill.

His book price this summer is 6.8 mill. So his ammortisation would drop to 1.39 mill mill from 6.8 mill. So the club would save 5.5 mill in annual costs.

If he was a 100k a week he would cost us:

Annual wage: 5.2 mill

Ammortisation: 1.39 mill

Total cost: 6.59 mill.

We would save: 4.37 mill in costs.

Still I’d only only extend his existing deal for three years, he hasn’t been a player worth 11 mill a season for us over the last three and half years.

100% mate. He's been one of the best players under Lampard by some distance.....but for the area he plays we need far far more from him when it comes to goals and assists.

We are currently a 12th-16th placed PL club so we shouldn't be paying anyone near 100k a week unless they are slotting 20 goals a season or assisting 15 or keeping 20 clean sheets etc.

100% mate. He's been one of the best players under Lampard by some distance.....but for the area he plays we need far far more from him when it comes to goals and assists.

We are currently a 12th-16th placed PL club so we shouldn't be paying anyone near 100k a week unless they are slotting 20 goals a season or assisting 15 or keeping 20 clean sheets etc.
Tbf to him, at current rate he won't be far off 15 assists...

Edit: He has 5 assists and 1 goal in 15 games btw, just for clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.