2023/24 Ben Godfrey

First goal yesterday was on him imo - poor positioning and awareness of the threat. But he battled all day and gave us some much needed pace, strength, and piss.

At lower levels his athletic ability was probably enough to make up for not reading the game well. Covid really was a disaster for him- it robbed him of his burst of pace, and he lost playing time so he’s well behind where he should be re: developing his nous, his nose for trouble etc. then he got hurt on opening day two years ago etc.

He does seem to have recovered his physicality, we can hope that with more time on the pitch his situational awareness improves. Dyche the former defender is a good man to coach him up. Farke really wanted him over the window, the gossip was, if his former manager is eager to get him that speaks well of him.

Agree that the thought of him winding up Haaland is one of the few things I might look forward to for next week.

First goal yesterday was on him imo - poor positioning and awareness of the threat. But he battled all day and gave us some much needed pace, strength, and piss.

At lower levels his athletic ability was probably enough to make up for not reading the game well. Covid really was a disaster for him- it robbed him of his burst of pace, and he lost playing time so he’s well behind where he should be re: developing his nous, his nose for trouble etc. then he got hurt on opening day two years ago etc.

He does seem to have recovered his physicality, we can hope that with more time on the pitch his situational awareness improves. Dyche the former defender is a good man to coach him up. Farke really wanted him over the window, the gossip was, if his former manager is eager to get him that speaks well of him.

Agree that the thought of him winding up Haaland is one of the few things I might look forward to for next week.
For me, first goal is on Gueye. Godfrey was standing up the player with the ball and the fullback ran in behind him and gana just watched him.

Gana had a great game but harsh to blame Godfrey for that.

Really?

When did he do that?

Never a right back. So badly done on the outside this game and last. I like him but he’s been directly involved in 3 of our last 4 goals conceded imo
When Coleman came on they poured down his side - his legs you can see are too slow now, & he gave the ball away for their 2nd goal breakaway, but look it's City It's hard to get any result there ... a lot of effort for nothing ....

When Coleman came on they poured down his side - his legs you can see are too slow now, & he gave the ball away for their 2nd goal breakaway, but look it's City It's hard to get any result there ... a lot of effort for nothing ....
Seamus will still show you to the touch line, Godfrey just gets done, exposed every time