6 + 2 Point Deductions

My real concern is whether we can again appeal the decision if they uphold the 10 point deduction?

It's the Premier League's rules and decision as to what the punishment is. Could it be taken to a neutral court of law where we'd actually get a fair trial?

As far as I can see the appeal board is just another group of Premier League handpicked people that will undoubtedly give whatever decision is suggested/told to them by their paymasters.

Even if Silk Sonic can find conflicts of interest or areas where they cannot justify the punishment, if they decide to just overlook his arguments is that it?
I’m pretty sure Tottenham threatened the league with the high court after they had a point deduction in the 90s. They ended up getting the lot back.

I reckon Silk has gone nuclear and threatened EVERYTHING and we’ve eventually done a deal (something like - we admit we were in the wrong, we admit we have been sh1t in the past few years, and must improve and the PL are totally right in applying tough rules, blah blah. BUT we get 6 points back due to grey area mitigation calculations or something vague. Also, for the second lot, a 1 season transfer ban or 2 points. Certainly not 6+.

Obviously Blues will want 10 points back and no further punishment.

Obviously the PL (and most other clubs/fans) want 10 points plus 6+ points.

So unless there isnt something glaring that can get us off hoth hooks, striking a reasonable and fair deal for all parties, is the way to go. Otherwise we risk fecking ourselves over and keeping things as they are, or worse.

So who will now actually know what the the decision is?

The Silk? The board? The manager and players?

And why wait until mid Feb to make the announcement if people know already?
No one will know yet I assume. Arguments have been made. If it’s like the first hearing, the commission will go away to deliberate and then will inform the club and PL a day before it’s announced publicly in 2 weeks or whenever.

No one will know yet I assume. Arguments have been made. If it’s like the first hearing, the commission will go away to deliberate and then will inform the club and PL a day before it’s announced publicly in 2 weeks or whenever.
You missed the bit where the clowns at the PL get wind of the decision before everyone else and start dropping notes to their mates in the press.

Well it’s not really, because we admitted guilt on most of the charges.
It’s more like getting 20 years for admitting a speeding charge.
yeah but would you have admitted the speeding charge , if you thought you had a chance of getting off with it, if the potential punishment was a 20 year stretch? No, you'd have fought the speeding charge. Many people take the pragmatic view of not fighting it, get a credit for throwing your hand in and a lighter sentence, get it over with and move on. No way did we expect a 10pt deduction because it was hugely disproportionate and unprecedented. Perhaps we accepted the charge anticipating that there was a £3m fine incoming along th lines of what Leicester had for a similar matter,

I don't think there should be a defined punishment: there are obviously ways that clubs could breach these rules which are particularly egregious, for example a club that has breached by £300m getting the same punishment as a club that breached by £1 would be absurd. There should be options for the independent commission.

The key thing is that any punishment is fair and proportionate, and it is absolutely obvious in our case that it isn't. It's difficult to get away from the possibility that other interests were factored into the decision.
I would suggest...fine for up to 10million over, then 5 points over 10million, then 1 million fine per every 5 million over and make it up to 10 points at 30 million over, with steep fines for every 5 million after that.

Its hard to put figures on things when some clubs are allowed certain mitigation and other clubs arent. Some clubs attain new stadia freely others dont and then some have the rules on stadia/interest changed etc. during otherwise accepted timelines, and lots of other random, undefined arbitration.

The answer is a fully independent regulator, external to the PL, working closely - extremely closely with each club and WORKING TO THE SAME RULES FOR ALL, WITHOUT ANY AGENDAS. The PL cant/wont do that.

I would suggest...fine for up to 10million over, then 5 points over 10million, then 1 million fine per every 5 million over and make it up to 10 points at 30 million over, with steep fines for every 5 million after that.
Fines would have to count as part of PSR losses (so forces lower spending in future periods) otherwise it’s zero deterrent to the genuinely wealthy clubs/owners. They’d pay a fine every year and just think of it as a Tax on every £100m player they buy and lose money on.

yeah but would you have admitted the speeding charge , if you thought you had a chance of getting off with it, if the potential punishment was a 20 year stretch? No, you'd have fought the speeding charge. Many people take the pragmatic view of not fighting it, get a credit for throwing your hand in and a lighter sentence, get it over with and move on. No way did we expect a 10pt deduction because it was hugely disproportionate and unprecedented. Perhaps we accepted the charge anticipating that there was a £3m fine incoming along th lines of what Leicester had for a similar matter,
Speeding charges have set rules in place, unless you’re high profile then these rules don’t matter. The PL didn’t have any set punishment in place for our offences and have just made them up this year, but still haven’t got a clear mandate.
I think we are the Guinea pig for the rule breaking as they need to start on City which will drag on for years.

So who will now actually know what the the decision is?

The Silk? The board? The manager and players?

And why wait until mid Feb to make the announcement if people know already?
We won’t actually know until we have officially heard it but get ready for loads of ITK people who will give various sentences one of which,quite by chance, turn out to be true!!