6 + 2 Point Deductions

They’d have no right to be.
We’ve fairly accumulated more points than them this season.

It’s us who should be livid.
Luton would still be livid. Imagine being told you're 1 pt clear of relegation, then because the PL effed up big time, through no fault of their own they fall into the relegation zone. You'd be annoyed. Not necessarily with Everton, but the inconsistency of the PL.

You think?

For me, the only reason that article has come out is for him to save face and be saying that he understood the pressures of covid/ukraine and the impact it had, but the commission was independent of him so it wasn’t his choice.
I mean if you accept that we had significant revenue streams from Usmanov’s companies sponsorship and leaving aside any murkiness there, a major war in Europe which led to sanctions and the removal of those revenue streams seems like a pretty reasonable mitigating factor to me. And there was no issue with Russian money in the PL prior to that.

It seems to me the original decision was predicated on the fact the club didn’t handle their defence very well and were more severely punished for that rather than the actual severity of the breach. Which on the face of it seems pretty minimal in PL money terms.

Luton would still be livid. Imagine being told you're 1 pt clear of relegation, then because the PL effed up big time, through no fault of their own they fall into the relegation zone. You'd be annoyed. Not necessarily with Everton, but the inconsistency of the PL.
Inconsistent is giving one club a 10 point penalty for a single technical breach of one rule while allowing another club to break multiple rules 115 times with no penalty. If we get our 10 points back, that would be way more consistent that what we have now.

We knew it was going to be a heavy points deduction, maybe not specifically 10 points (although the 10 point rumour came about 4 days before the announcement).

But there had been articles and briefs put out about the proposed punishment the PL wanted which essentially told us how it was looking.

Same way that article has just come out about Masters and Covid/Ukraine would indicate the appeal has gone in our favour and he is trying to get ahead of it. They may not have the outcome just yet but will have a feeling of how it’s gone.
I think that’s hindsight talking we knew that they wanted to give us a big deduction right from the start but it wasn’t leaked to the press that it was actually happening I think the main reaction to the news was shock because most people didn’t know it was coming at all. I think the stuff in the press at the moment can be taken in different ways I don’t think it’s as obvious as some people are saying.

Absolutely. The goalposts will have been moved for them twice in essence. Absolute shambles. If we win our appeal then the PL will have to seriously consider throwing out the charges against us and Forest or risk another absolute horror show. Imagine further appeals and points being handed back this season.

It’s not through no fault of their own though is it it’s because they’ve not got enough points they could be a bit annoyed at getting their hopes raised but nothing more than that.

Absolutely. The goalposts will have been moved for them twice in essence. Absolute shambles. If we win our appeal then the PL will have to seriously consider throwing out the charges against us and Forest or risk another absolute horror show. Imagine further appeals and points being handed back this season.
They have opened the can of worms for sure and I'm not sure how they can recover the situation. Forest though have a different situation to us. Their breach is though actually buying players, so the same "no sporting advantage gained" decision can't be applied. Maybe that's the hold up? They're trying to work out how they can fix the mess.

Seems almost certain that this will run off into the summer.

Teams will be relegated - hopefully not us - and will have court cases open to contest their relegation based off the Premier League's decision-making that appears to have contravened its own rulebook.

Let's say Luton go down and Forest stay up by a point/whatever as they weren't given as stiff a penalty as us, seems a sure-fire way for Luton to contest their relegation, I'd say.

Or we go down after not being given points back for the first case then handed a further 6 point penalty for the second case that doesn't appear to stack up against the penalty given in the first case.

I can see next season potentially being delayed if the Premier League doesn't sort this out very quickly.

No amount of money awarded in a court case for an incorrect relegation can make up for the disaster that could ensue should a club like us go down.

Seems almost certain that this will run off into the summer.

Teams will be relegated - hopefully not us - and will have court cases open to contest their relegation based off the Premier League's decision-making that appears to have contravened its own rulebook.

Let's say Luton go down and Forest stay up by a point/whatever as they weren't given as stiff a penalty as us, seems a sure-fire way for Luton to contest their relegation, I'd say.

Or we go down after not being given points back for the first case then handed a further 6 point penalty for the second case that doesn't appear to stack up against the penalty given in the first case.

I can see next season potentially being delayed if the Premier League doesn't sort this out very quickly.
No chance. Its a global industry. Absolutely no way they deliver late given the numbers involved.

No chance. Its a global industry. Absolutely no way they deliver late given the numbers involved.
Long shot I know, but there may be multiple very serious cases against the Premier League that, on the face of it, appear to be difficult for them to justify.

Imagine a situation where Forest overspent by, say, £30m but are allowed mitigation for their Johnson sale (unlike us with Richi), and are given a 3 point penalty and a transfer ban, and then they finish 17th, survive, but are less than 3 points off 20th.

We would be all over the Premier League if relegated as their penalties were hugely different, as would those teams that did go down who could point to the Premier League not following their own precident set when they handed us 10 points and didn't allow mitigation on the Richi sale.

Or if Forest go down and we aren't given a penalty for the second change.

Could be loads of cases involving many teams.

I think it's incredibly unlikely, but not sure how relegations can be rubber stamped if court cases are ongoing where it appears obvious the Premier League has messed up big time.

You think?

For me, the only reason that article has come out is for him to save face and be saying that he understood the pressures of covid/ukraine and the impact it had, but the commission was independent of him so it wasn’t his choice.
That can't be right . The PL wanted a higher points deduction - 12 points ?

No fault of their own???? You’re having a laugh mate.
Maybe they should have accumulated more points then. If they did they could be above other clubs.
Their points total is poor after 23 games or so.
Everton should be livid as this has been a triple unjust whammy.
Points deducted
Money list for placings lost.
Also the pressure of being 4 points instead of 14 at the time.
Disgusting regime the premier league. We have been shafted big time and I couldn’t give a flying one for anybody else. We have taken the fight ourselves. On our own against the press, other supporters, Richard Masters and his merry idiots and the general media.
They can all do one.

But points deductions are possible, as are appeals. They're in a relegation battle either way. At best they can roll their eyes.