6 + 2 Point Deductions

Agree with this mate

From a Forest point of view...

In the absence of any formulae, and a reluctance to apply a sensible notion of sporting advantage, or give much credence to any aggregating or mitigating factors, the only things left to the commission looking at the Forest position will be to look at the original Everton decision and appeal outcome and use that as basis for our punishment.

On that basis, general feeling from our fan base is a hope (and TBH, an expectation) that you get some points back - I honestly can't see a position where you get the full 10 back cos it just seems like too much of a climb down - but equally 10 points just feels plain wrong.

Suspect our initial punishment will be in same ballpark as your post appeal amount. If we get around 6 then it'll be a straight fight against Luton which we'd expect to win (we are loads better than when we played you last time out). Anymore than that and it'd probably be too much

General mood is being f**ked off by our ownership for getting us into this position, despite multiple statements saying it was being managed. As opposed to anger at the EPL although that could change if the punishment is high. A lot will depend on the written commission report - to see just how badly we managed it.

Don't know about you, but for us, it was a rough season before the announcement we were being referred. Mood now is very low, not because of some on field stuff going against us, but mainly because of the uncertainty of the whole shambolic EPL PSR rules and associated process.
Welcome mate.

If the original decision stands and then they change all the rules to avoid charging Chelsea and City then they look even more ridiculous than if they just reverse this decision.
Well that’s true. They’d be taken to the cleaners for that in the media surely? Punishing the “smaller” clubs as Masters likes to say and letting their cash cows off Scott free.

I understand the “bury bad news” theory but I don’t see the automatic assumption this would be bad news for us.

The appeal board upholding the verdict would be a vindication of the PLs approach, even if we are aggrieved they can deflect onto two independent panels. It’s good news for them rather than a PR disaster and they wouldn’t particularly need to bury it.

If the appeal board rips them to shreds over stuff like the sanctions formula and finds they acted improperly, that’s PR disaster you would want buried. Masters would be on a very shaky peg.

They know the result of the decision now, the delay is to find the answers to the questions about the decision.

I think the longer it goes the more chance of a positive outcome.
It's like they will be trying to find a reason for justifying the first punishment and why it's now been reduced, no doubt it will be wrapped up in complex legal speak.

They know the result of the decision now, the delay is to find the answers to the questions about the decision.

I think the longer it goes the more chance of a positive outcome.
There is a very possible version of this story where we get all our points back due to the war mitigation being upheld and both our charges getting scrapped, but Forest get left in the do do.

In reality no one has a clue when decision is made. People cant seem to make their minds up if the news comes this week, that means its good or bad, same as if its next week, or whenever. To many people are reading to much into things, and making themsleves mental, while some are just mental anyway - still sticking to 4 points back and hoping for more

In reality no one has a clue when decision is made. People cant seem to make their minds up if the news comes this week, that means its good or bad, same as if its next week, or whenever. To many people are reading to much into things, and making themsleves mental, while some are just mental anyway - still sticking to 4 points back and hoping for more

This would constitute bad news for me.

Sky just uploaded a new stadium video

guys....

I think they going to give our points back based on Stadium costs

You know, there could be an influence there, they may want to cover the whole last season at Goodison narrative!

They went to town when West Ham moved grounds, remember it’s suddenly morphed into the Boylen Ground, despite calling it Upton Park for
Time and eternity.

Last season I’m Goodison will be a story.