6 + 2 Point Deductions

Perhaps the PL and EFC are now negotiating an agreed punishment to head off any further litigation
This has always been a possibility, it’s late in the day for the first charge but you never know. Certainly for the second charge I think they might attempt to reach an agreed outcome based on the result of the first charge. It must be clear to the PL that the timeline for these 22/23 charges is going to be an absolute farce if they can’t reach an agreed resolution.

" They thought it was more important to buy players and secure safety with a slap on the wrist the likely punishment. In the end they didn't spend big anyway."
OK, I'll rephrase... which players did we look to spend big on, but didn't?
Do you know whether those players would have been bought with no outgoings? You just seem to be stating that they went in with a 'f##k it' attitude while acknowledging that they never actually did it, nor knowing what mitigation would have taken place had they chosen to go ahead with any purchases. It may well be that we never sold Player Y because we never made a purchase. Our argument was that although we took him off the transfer list we would still have been willing to sell had it been required

The club believed they were within the rules but got it wrong. That fact is pretty much the base of the whole IC report, its why they said that we never intended to breach, but we did. The fact that we did has to lead to a inference of sporting advantage, hence the points deduction.

Can't wait to see the fume in this thread when the Appeal decision is released particularly if we don't receive any points back. Sincerely hope that is not the case but all we can do is sit and prepare for now and then see what the second charge brings.

Btw, I can very well imagine that if we do get points back then the latter charge will see points deducted and we will be back to where we started.

Cue Status Quo.
Down down, deeper and down?

I think the media has given people a false impression about the timeline with completely made up vague stuff like “hope to hear by mid-February”.

There was never a deadline but this has created a false impression there was one and it’s expired, leading to wild speculation about why they’re not telling us the decision.

From what I remember it was a three month appeal hearing period from when it was lodged and fairly sure that was mid December.

So mid March is the latest the verdict should be returned.

Driving back from the gym and caught a brief update on talkshoite..... "judgement will be sent to the parties to check for typos ( lol) and then a press embargo before an agreed release.'

I stress they didn't say it had been sent or when it would be sent.

Driving back from the gym and caught a brief update on talkshoite..... "judgement will be sent to the parties to check for typos ( lol) and then a press embargo before an agreed release.'

I stress they didn't say it had been sent or when it would be sent.
I love that TalkSh*** try and reveal this as the inside scoop, it's such basic information and standard procedure for practically everything. I really hate that station.

Maybe they could dust down the wheel of fortune and replace it with sections number 0-12. Do a pay per view special live on sky sports, with Masters as the host. At least that way they could come to a decision.
Yeah I could envisage that but with Roy Walker as the new host and Masters and Moshiri as the new contestants so that when Mosh spins to 9 Roy says "it's close but it's not right " and we keep going until in lands on 12.