6 + 2 Point Deductions

I really do hope that 4 points and second charge is dropped turns out to be true. There's no way I want to be sitting here in Late May early June waiting to see if we've been relegated or not, it'd be insane, truly insane.
Providing Forest get a minimum 6 point penalty. A 10 point swing between us and Forest will really help us.

I was diagnosed with a medical condition some time ago and was advised by my doctor to avoid stressful situations.

I'm finding it hard to avoid being an Evertonian, and I'm finding this season to be particularly stressful.
I feel for you mate, I really do.

It really does feel like these clowns at the PL are holding us all hostage.

It's effecting the whole club, from top to bottom. It's really not fair.

I will never forget how they treated us, and hopefully there is justice and they are held accountable for the trouble they caused.

I still really can't get my head around how they've announced what our first charge was from a few seasons ago, will no doubt announce our second charge and forest's first charge from the following season after our appeal results, but it took them 6 years following a 9 season sustained spell of alleged rule breaking by Man City, before they announced they suspect a lot of dubious stuff!?

And they say they're fit to stay in control of their own decision making without independent outside monitoring... Good one lads

I still really can't get my head around how they've announced what our first charge was from a few seasons ago, will no doubt announce our second charge and forest's first charge from the following season after our appeal results, but it took them 6 years following a 9 season sustained spell of alleged rule breaking by Man City, before they announced they suspect a lot of dubious stuff!?

And they say they're fit to stay in control of their own decision making without independent outside monitoring... Good one lads
I think a couple of City's charges are the same one as Everton and Forest

Which begs the obvious question- why is that charge not being heard now too?

It really depends what you mean when you say “ working with us”

There is no doubt that the PL sanctioned each signing but they did so with a caution that it was Everton that were responsible managing and were accountable for matter’s financial.

We also know that at one point that Everton were reporting that they wouldn’t be in breach if the club were able to be given a concession in effect being able to discount expenditure stadium expenditure that was pre planning and couldn’t be capitalised according to accounting procedures.
Really? In that case what were they doing working with us? The whole and only point was so we didn’t breach P&S, so that’s a failing on their behalf too.

Just hope that your club doesn’t get investigated by a real independent commission. Your best hope is [Poor language removed] stays in post.

Really? In that case what were they doing working with us? The whole and only point was so we didn’t breach P&S, so that’s a failing on their behalf too.

Just hope that your club doesn’t get investigated by a real independent commission. Your best hope is [Poor language removed] stays in post.
Its a good point because unless the PL had set a budget I can’t see any justification or reason that Everton needed to get signings approved.
We are already subject to an investigation it’s how it proceeds is the big question and whilst I understand the point about the PLs CEO I suspect he will be wanting to put a significant distance between himself and the disciplinary team

Providing Forest get a minimum 6 point penalty. A 10 point swing between us and Forest will really help us.
Surely Forest have to be hit with a massive deduction, like us, then go down the appeals route like us, it won’t be fair to say to Forest here’s a 6 point deduction whereas Everton got 10 and then let’s say got 4 back, Everton could argue they have been treated differently to Forest and there has been a sporting advantage created because of it. They have basically opened a massive can of worms but not fining all of the teams, getting every club together and warning everyone and then getting through to the rule changes in August.

Surely Forest have to be hit with a massive deduction, like us, then go down the appeals route like us, it won’t be fair to say to Forest here’s a 6 point deduction whereas Everton got 10 and then let’s say got 4 back, Everton could argue they have been treated differently to Forest and there has been a sporting advantage created because of it. They have basically opened a massive can of worms but not fining all of the teams, getting every club together and warning everyone and then getting through to the rule changes in August.
I think there will have to be some horse trading in the next set of charges. Having appeals settled at best a week after the final match, probably longer if legal threats are made, just can’t be allowed to happen. For the PL, for us, Forest, or anyone.

Imagine the initial hearings will drag on longer than ours until mutually agreed penalties are decided. Which by nature won’t be harsh as the clubs won’t agree, they will make threats. And which again would make our current penalty miles out of whack.

I wouldn’t hold your breath in there being any direct correlation between the final sanctions even though on the face of it you would think there would be.

I think there will have to be some horse trading in the next set of charges. Having appeals settled at best a week after the final match, probably longer if legal threats are made, just can’t be allowed to happen. For the PL, for us, Forest, or anyone.

Imagine the initial hearings will drag on longer than ours until mutually agreed penalties are decided. Which by nature won’t be harsh as the clubs won’t agree, they will make threats. And which again would make our current penalty miles out of whack.
It was silly and pointless to ever try to get the 22/23 charges done this season.

By definition you can’t punish in the season the overspend occurs since it’s based on year end accounts. So it’s not about restitution for clubs who may have suffered sporting disadvantage in 22/23.

So if it’s purely about punishment it doesn’t matter what subsequent season it occurs: if we are dealing with Forest’s overspend from 22/23, say, Luton are no more entitled to a sporting advantage from points deductions this season than Leeds might be next season. Indeed, even less so since it was Leeds who were in the league.

I don’t see why there’s any logical need to hurry these things along in the next season with all the chaos that brings when it’s clear the process isn’t there to do it. They’ve dug a hole that didn’t need digging.

Starting to feel like we need min 4 back
It's not so much what they give us back - it's more what they take off Forest.
When it all dies down I expect us to be, at the most, 1pt ahead of Forest.

And if they're really trying (in reality they're in a hole and need to stop digging)
They will find away to get all 3 - EFC, NF, LT - all on the same net points and they'll be able in a Pilate-esque manner
Let the football sort it out.
aka, whoever goes down its not our fault