2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Mate i dont know where prolific comes into it. Just a couple now and then will do. Not half a season with nothing like. He's not rent free in anyones head. Its a real discussion that he cant hit a barn door.
The entire team are showing to be clueless in the final third, all of them. They should all be chipping in from all departments, as would be expected. He'll finish the season closer to 10 IMO.

He's burning a few heads out in here, that is for sure. You can see in real time in this thread how a few of our fans have branded themselves as floppies and bedwetters.

Dom will be fine. He'll bag a few more this season despite the managers failings.

The entire team are showing to be clueless in the final third, all of them. They should all be chipping in from all departments, as would be expected. He'll finish the season closer to 10 IMO.

He's the clubs main striker. Its not unreasonable to expect a few more from your main forward over those who should be chipping in. Even though thats true. Branthwaite shouldnt be 1 goal behind our main goal getter.

What is the relevance of a forward who played for Everton 20 years ago got to do with calvert lewin not scoring since october last year.
A football philiosphy.

We are not scoring or winning games at an acceptable level.

Who should we blame, the fella who dictates the tactics that are not working or the lad who these tactics are leaving isolated in a manner that he is not suited to the way he plays (to his best - despite trying).

A football philiosphy.

We are not scoring or winning games at an acceptable level.

Who should we blame, the fella who dictates the tactics that are not working or the lad who these tactics are leaving isolated in a manner that he is not suited to the way he plays (to his best - despite trying).

For not a single goal in half a season? The player. Simply not good enough. Like i said. Nobody is expecting prolific. Far from it. But in the last 5 games alone he's had 17 efforts at goal. And had 1 shot on target.

For not a single goal in half a season? The player. Simply not good enough. Like i said. Nobody is expecting prolific. Far from it. But in the last 5 games alone he's had 17 efforts at goal. And had 1 shot on target.
As I say, you employ a forward to plough a lone furrow then you should understand the results of that decison. Bent got 6 when asked to do the same as highlighted.

As I say, you employ a forward to plough a lone furrow then you should understand the results of that decison. Bent got 6 when asked to do the same as highlighted.

I'll play along even though i see no relevance. Bent was a journeyman player with no track record of scoring. He pulled defenders all over the place with his non stop closing down and running channels. He was a real benefit to that moyes style.
Again what thats got to do with calvert lewin not scoring in 22 matches i dont know.
Lets hope he gets one or two v west ham. He needs to turn up.

I'll play along even though i see no relevance. Bent was a journeyman player with no track record of scoring. He pulled defenders all over the place with his non stop closing down and running channels. He was a real benefit to that moyes style.
Again what thats got to do with calvert lewin not scoring in 22 matches i dont know.
Lets hope he gets one or two v west ham. He needs to turn up.
He is limited by the same philosphy, I'd imagine that this much is clear.

As you suggest, his drought will end soon, let us hope that it is against West Ham.

It was always gonna take a bit of time for him to find any form after the last couple of seasons.
and yeah 20 games is a bit to long.

But I have faith the lad will start hitting the back of the net again soon, confidence will come back, and there will be a lot of love heading back to this thread..

His biggest Issue is the XG 'Baldies' and there wonderful tactics + team sheets...