6 + 2 Point Deductions

So if i am reading Point 229 right on that report - which i dont know lol, it means unless we prove our incidence in April, or whenever. That we will auto get another 6points at best and 9 at worst

While Forest can only get between 6-9Poins, no matter what the amount they are over by ?
You could definitely read it like 6 points is the minimum for any breach, of any size

But equally, very soon after in that section they say it fits with sanctions in other bodies, such as the EFL. And the EFL does not allow for a double punishment of years falling within the same cycle.

So it's not clear in truth. If they are saying they want to be in line with the EFL, then another 6 point penalty would not be consistent.

I find it very hard to see how Forest are not given a similar, or slightly worse penalty to us. But equally I now find it very hard to see anyway around another points deduction for us, although it should be a much smaller one.

Can anyone explain how we can be punished twice in the same season?

I understand we might have broken the rules twice - but years apart. Why aren't the punishments handed down years apart too? If they are done in the same season, we are suffer a cumulative effect and it worsens our league position.
I still want to kno if is any chance we can get nithing for the second charge the guy on sky was saying could be another 6

Can anyone explain how we can be punished twice in the same season?

I understand we might have broken the rules twice - but years apart. Why aren't the punishments handed down years apart too? If they are done in the same season, we are suffer a cumulative effect and it worsens our league position.
I read somewhere we delayed the first charge in some way

What does this mean below? Is 'upturn' good in this context?

'...The Commission took into account the positive trend in the PSR figures as amitigating factor, saying that it “goes some limited way to diminish Everton’sculpability”. The Commission left out of account evidence as to the PSR picture in FY23, which showed an upturn.'

Last edited:

Been reading the comments from the BBC article. The gist is that most fans from other clubs think we got off lightly, but don’t have any understanding of our individual circumstances or what they’re talking about.
The average football fan is clueless to our plight or just hates us. Well sod them all I say!
Be intrested to see what they think should happen with the 115 charges for city and if forest are over than 19.5 mill.

The 'book's will tell you different about how much we blew. The net spend tables in the last few years as well. You've clearly fallen in to that narrative of spending half a billion.

The point I would make is that there should be other punishments available. They opted for a sporting punishment for a non-sporting offence. They inferred that we had a sporting advantage, but this could not be quantified. Similarly, the 10 points was both extremely disproportionate (IE 9 points for Portsmouth going in to administration) and did not seem fair in the face of other offences that avoided a points deduction. Such as the scab 6 and Tevez.

That's before you even get to City or Chelsea.

The fact is we could have had a fine, or transfer embargo, for example.

They haven't taken in to consideration other things such as loss of income from the likes of USM because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, oh, and the small matter of building a stadium.

The PL rules were full of holes anyway. As pointed out by the likes of Andy Burnham.

The club have no backbone.
The league didn't want to consider mitigation. Everything was just rejected out of hand.

I get more frustrated the more I read.