6 + 2 Point Deductions

Can we not just put this to bed now!
Honestly i dont kno i have just got more confused with what could happen for the second now. Do we get 6 max or that reduced and fet say 3 for a second breach. Or are thet happy and give us something different as a punishment. Have they set a date for the second xharge for us

Been reading the comments from the BBC article. The gist is that most fans from other clubs think we got off lightly, but don’t have any understanding of our individual circumstances or what they’re talking about.
The average football fan is clueless to our plight or just hates us. Well sod them all I say!
Not surprising given how materialistic and money driven the UK is and add the tribal element that football has, many if not most would have been happy to see the point deduction doubled.

This ridiculous desire to get the hearings rushed through for this season leaves it open to further recriminations. As only us and Forest have admitted to breaching and had to submit the most recent accounts by the end of the year but what if other clubs are found to have been in breach but the league only discover it when they submit their accounts later.

So for example Chelsea have breached and should have a hearing before the end of the season but because they have not submitted the figures in time they don't get punished until the following season.

Every club should have to report their latest accounts by the deadline not just the ones who think they've gone over.
It should be held over until everyone submits their accounts.

A six points deduction is a fair bit better than a ten point one, so i guess we'll just have to be grateful for whatever crumbs we can grab from the table.

I refuse to take any crum from the table today Cork, they've absolutely shafted us and we've bent over and took it without any kind of fight.

In fact, the club seem delighted with themselves as if they've done us a favour by getting 4 points back on the table.

Can anyone explain how we can be punished twice in the same season?

I understand we might have broken the rules twice - but years apart. Why aren't the punishments handed down years apart too? If they are done in the same season, we are suffer a cumulative effect and it worsens our league position.
Quite.
It's utter gibberish.
I don't really want to play for the people anymore.
I'd rather fight for the Championship every year with lower paid players and refuse promotion.

On the plus side, 6 points off is better than a transfer ban which would've killed us next season.

A transfer ban always seemed the logical punishment for overspending to me so I was always worried they'd see sense, but luckily they didn't!

Yes the "upturn" is an increase in the losses.

Having been in the legal profession as a solicitor for over 30 years that was exactly how I read the paragraph.

It's poorly written and would have made a lot more sense to say that the encouraging trend of reducing losses had been reversed in year 23.

You would need an accountant to hazard a guess and explain how that could be the case when

1. We hardly signed anyone but sold Gordon for £45 million

2. We lost quite a few big hitters off the wage bill.

But then I've never understood accounts.
Yeah, the problem here is in their word choice. "Upturn" is generally used with a positive connotation, so it's hard to then read the statement containing it as a negative one.

We clearly couldn't have a second breach based on transfer activity, at least from what's publicly known. So the only sense I can make of it is that the stadium costs and day-to-day costs of running the club - presumably from the desperation loans and the associated interest - must be absolutely killing us.

Whether or not it's the right outcome, if the players feel the relief that most Evertonians will undoubtedly feel, it will surely take a weight of their minds. I can't think of a better next game that West Ham at home to see that weight turn into goals.

For us of course. I am seeing a minimum three goal improvement in our GD ;)

I refuse to take any crum from the table today Cork, they've absolutely shafted us and we've bent over and took it without any kind of fight.

In fact, the club seek delighted with themselves as if they've done us a favour by getting 4 points back on the table.
If the board have any semblance of backbone and gumption, then they'll take this to the courts but Everton board and backbone and gumption is bit of an oxymoron sadly.

On the plus side, 6 points off is better than a transfer ban which would've killed us next season.

A transfer ban always seemed the logical punishment for overspending to me so I was always worried they'd see sense, but luckily they didn't!
If the transfer ban was for perm signings, I.e you can still get loan signings, I’d rather have that than a 10 point deduction. It’s not like we are any good in the transfer market anyway.

What I think might happen is both us and Forest will have both cases resolved with no punishment... us because we've already been punished and Forest because they never got a 3 year cycle in the PL perhaps a suspended transfer bans might be given. This way it gets resolved without appeal before the season ends rather than it getting closer to next season with a bunch of clubs not knowing what devision they are going to be in... that would be by far the most chaotic thing that could be imagined for the PL and EFL.