Quantum Change on the pitch with restricted investment

evertony

Player Valuation: £40m
It's quite apparent that we need massive change on the pitch (aside from all the structural changes off it) and that with our precarious financial position that would seem almost impossible. However, change of a massive nature 'on the pitch' has occurred relatively recently with clubs in equally bad league positions. For example, Aston Villa, Bayer Leverkusen and Ipswich Town. All were relegation fodder going nowhere fast and now, after a change of footballing direction and manager they're all seemingly on the up. You could argue the same about Leicester and possibly Leeds although that could be just the difference in levels between the EPL and the EFL.
So, could it be done at Everton with this squad plus a few bits of clever trading and a different manager? I don't know the answer and I'm not particularly 'Dyche In' or 'Dyche Out' as generally I think he's done a half reasonable job with a garbage hand, but was wondering is it really possible for someone to come in and do a job similar to Emery, Alonso or McKenna at our Club?

It's not a pro or anti Dyche thread....just interested to see could it be done here, and who would be able to do it within the current confines, or is it more likely that we will have to struggle on in the current vein for a good while yet?

1709744127344.jpg

February 2016 - Oh Boy!

It is possible to rejuvenate Everton with a Manager who can get away from defensive negativity which we have at present and with a Board comprised of experienced football people together with a similar person with a football person as CEO.They are out there Villa,Ipswich and Leeds have done it why not Everton,the Kenwright/Moshari years have gone time to move forward.

It's quite apparent that we need massive change on the pitch (aside from all the structural changes off it) and that with our precarious financial position that would seem almost impossible. However, change of a massive nature 'on the pitch' has occurred relatively recently with clubs in equally bad league positions. For example, Aston Villa, Bayer Leverkusen and Ipswich Town. All were relegation fodder going nowhere fast and now, after a change of footballing direction and manager they're all seemingly on the up. You could argue the same about Leicester and possibly Leeds although that could be just the difference in levels between the EPL and the EFL.
So, could it be done at Everton with this squad plus a few bits of clever trading and a different manager? I don't know the answer and I'm not particularly 'Dyche In' or 'Dyche Out' as generally I think he's done a half reasonable job with a garbage hand, but was wondering is it really possible for someone to come in and do a job similar to Emery, Alonso or McKenna at our Club?

It's not a pro or anti Dyche thread....just interested to see could it be done here, and who would be able to do it within the current confines, or is it more likely that we will have to struggle on in the current vein for a good while yet?
The big question mark is whether we can and should afford a sacking in our financial situation.

As a basque I'm quite proud of our current football manager dynasty. Iraola doing good at Bournemouth, Lopetegui, Arteta, Emery, Alonso, Valverde to name a few.

Another well performing name in Spain is Jagoba Arrasate, the current manager of Osasuna. His contact is running out in summer and he is quite wanted and highly reputated here. Similiar profile to Iraola. I would say that's a name that's realistic. Got his team promoted in 19/20 got a cup final, as well as 3x 10th, 1x 11th and 7th with a european qualification. He is fluent in English as well, and he is very likeable as a person a well, we did the first youth manager diploma together.

His football is demanding high-pressing energy from both his players and forcing the opposition to work to their maximum also, forcing them to breaking point in order to dissect his side. A direct style determined by its rigidness and defensive reliability whilst also looking to counter with pace should they win possession. Played like 10 different formations at the time.

Not Dyche ball, but he still looks for a good defensive stability, but a way more offensive structure, being upper midfield in almost all attacking area, pressing, touches in the box, possession (50%) around.

More to read here, can praise this article.

The only real comparison to make is with Aston Villa. None of the others are in the same division or playing the same standard of opposition on a regular basis.

So given that I can surmise that if the club appoints Gerrard as manager then we will also likely see a vast improvement once he is sacked and replaced.