777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed, very sad, and questions to answer but those questions are for her firm and how they helped or didn't help her manage the workload. The identity of the client is not the issue.

Unfortunately, in that line of work there will always be someone willing to put those sorts of hours in, as she did.

Terribly sad. She was obviously a talented young lawyer.

I retired as a solicitor at 52 and was completely burnt out. I regularly worked 7am to 7pm and most weekends.

Blame the legal profession for her premature death. Can't pin this one on either Everton or 777.

No, can’t really. Though if 777 are paying 10s of millions a month to keep us afloat they will have been uncompromising on deadlines. Below article says an ex Morgan Stanley exec was on 777s side of the deal. I can’t imagine he’d be easy to deal with.

I’m litigation which I think is less nightmarish than transactional work.

I keep reading people saying this, has anybody actually seen the "writing" or is it a case of Chinese whispers?
I haven't seen the contract between Peel and Everton, no. lol

But, it was definitely reported in one of those construction industry reports that were published online (and shared here) when the deal was signed. Pretty sure it was covered by the echo too, but finding anything on that wretched website with all the pop-ups isn't worth the arseache.

It stated that The Stadium and surrounding land must remain under the Everton Stadium Company Ltd, which in turn must remain under the full ownership of Everton Football Club.

But, it was definitely reported in one of those construction industry reports that were published online (and shared here) when the deal was signed. Pretty sure it was covered by the echo too, but finding anything on that wretched website with all the pop-ups isn't worth the arseache.

It stated that The Stadium and surrounding land must remain under the Everton Stadium Company Ltd, which in turn must remain under the full ownership of Everton Football Club.
That takes away our last ditch option then?.

777 were pictured going up to PL headquarters this week....
1710080925231.png

Everton have to own the stadium. It was stipulated in the contract signed with Peel.
So Chinese Whispers, as I said.