6 + 2 Point Deductions

There is a belief amongst a fair number of Evertonians, warranted I believe, that if we were to get relegated that the club would go into freefall.
Everything about this club reeks of misery and dejection.
Other than supporters, there is no one fighting our corner. No rallying cry, no galvanising statement (which is what Forest have done), we have nothing.
I would rather we went down fighting than feebly accepting what some chinless bellwhiffs have decided.
I mean the whole club, supporters to players to tea ladies. If only we had someone to go on the front foot.
Rudderless, leaderless, useless.

They care about being made to look idiots, because they don't want to be regulated
How does any of this process not make them look like idiots?

They couldn’t care less about Russian money, indeed they welcomed it under Abramovich.

Sanctions - imposed by the Government - took care of the Russian money in the league.

The PL were barely required to lift a finger to comply, except where Chelsea’s sale was concerned - and even then it was simple administrative boxes to be ticked.

What would Everton do?

Everton :

puppy-can-t-roll-over-o.gif

Well then that does raise significant questions
As i said pages ago (will be lost now due to how quickly this page is being added to) the reason the pl asked for 8 was on the basis we got 6 after our appeal and they used this as a base, and they argued that Forest's breach was worse than ours (which it was) and added 2 more to get 8. Its in the judgement, but you have to dig deep.

Do i agree that is the starting point? No, however, due to the argument of it can't be worse than administration (9 points) then i guess 8 is a reasonable ask. Its also why I think we won't get more than another 2 points deducted due to a punishment not being worse than administration. Can't take credit for that line of thought someone on twitter said it, but I agree.

Over 2000 pages on this forum. and it’s going to go up when we get stiffed in the next hearing, and then the appeal. 900 pages on relegation which is depressing enough but the fact that these farcical financial punishments have eclipsed, (and directly influenced the posts on that page, we should be about 9/10 points above all this if no deduction), demonstrates how much of a factor off the field corruption has infested the game.

Honestly, I very, very rarely enjoy football now.
football, whats that? I thought we were just involved in legal battles now - thats the way relegation should be decided isnt it?

Maybe we need to do a leqgue table of how well the lawyers do for clubs as essentially that is what football is boiling down to now, may as well forget the players on the pitch and supporters, they dont seem important anymore...