6 + 2 Point Deductions

The FFP guy on Talksport is an annoying little goblin. He keeps referring to 6 points vs 4 points for the respective breaches by Everton and Nottingham Forest. It was 10 points and reduced to 6 points after an appeal that somehow took 3 months. The guy is a complete clown. He doesn't state any of the numerous pertinent points in favour of Everton's case and never has done for some reason.

Whatever you think of Forest’s two points for co-operation it’s clearly meant to incentivise clubs not to rock the boat.

There’s nothing to be gained from a statement at this time. We can all see and judge with our own eyes.

After our second judgement is in it’s time to assess with our lawyers whether we have been treated equitably across both cases in relation to the Forest judgement.

IMO the club is right to keep close watch and let the evidence mount up. Preserve the nuclear options for after the next hearing.
This is probably correct - but given how great the club has been at leaking its own self-serving agenda to client "journalists" for decades, how we can be so silent now beggars belief. I would expect to see a tsunami of "Everton have been treated very unfairly" articles over the coming days... The club does not need to be seen to be the ones advancing that agenda, but it does need to communicate the justified outrage of its fans.

The FFP guy on Talksport is an annoying little goblin. He keeps referring to 6 points vs 4 points for the respective breaches by Everton and Nottingham Forest. It was 10 points and reduced to 6 points after an appeal that somehow took 3 months. The guy is a complete clown. He doesn't state any of the numerous pertinent points in favour of Everton's case and never has done for some reason.
But it is six points vs four points?

The latest View from the Bullens was quite good, really outlined the legal jargon in a simple way. Explained how the base for breach is 3 points and how we were viewed to not have "cooperated" despite being found to have acted in good faith and did not deliberately mislead.

The fella they have on reckons we will get 1 point based on a double jeopardy/prorated basis.

So on the basis of 55 mil loss in 20/21, 10 mil loss in 21/22, we must have lost at least 41 mil in 22/23.

Max 20 mil of that will be NET spend with the players we signed Vs the money we got for Gordon. The wage bill will have gone down slightly with the likes of Allan, Tosun, Delph leaving and the sheer number of players we had put on loan.

So then it means our operating losses alone per year must be at least around 21 mil which is staggering.

CT u
No one in the media has done the required reading on any of this.

Listened to a bit of the Monday Night Club on Five Live yesterday and it was astonishing how often they said “I believe,” and then just guessed at things like right to appeal, deadlines and how point deductions were calculated.

TS is just radio click-bait nonsense. I can't listen to it other than gameday when they're going round the grounds for all the 3 o'clock games. Full of bellends trying to be 'edgy', pointless boring 'debate' on who the biggest club is etc, or the (barely) walking heart attack Alan Brazil talking about how pissed he gets.

Swerve.

Yes, they are unhappy with a 4 point deduction - they have 7 days to appeal - but even if they are successful they may only get 1 point back if they are lucky = is it worth that ?
Going on the rate, it's a 3 point minimum deduction stated by the appeals panel - the Prem wanted a 6 point deduction - the appeal independent panel knocked two off in the mitigating circumstances the forest legal team put forwards.... ....

Irrespective their overspend was 30 % higher than ours in one season .... & we initially got a ten point deduction - it's a pure nonsense system they are making changing rules as they go a long IMO
Sorry I meant Everton 😂

Whatever you think of Forest’s two points for co-operation it’s clearly meant to incentivise clubs not to rock the boat.

There’s nothing to be gained from a statement at this time. We can all see and judge with our own eyes.

After our second judgement is in it’s time to assess with our lawyers whether we have been treated equitably across both cases in relation to the Forest judgement.

IMO the club is right to keep close watch and let the evidence mount up. Preserve the nuclear options for after the next hearing.
Good point. Doubt they can review the first though if we've accepted it post appeal I'd assume it's case closed. Only an assumption though

Just about everybody has had their say on the Forest points deduction .... except EvertonFC.
The reaction generally seems to be that Forest have been treated more leniently than Everton , obviously Forest and their supporters will have a different opinion.

My understanding is that part of the leniency is down to the cooperation received from Forest whereas Everton were difficult to deal with.
However, my understanding also is that both the initial hearing and subsequent appeal confirmed that Everton did not get a sporting advantage and were not doing anything other than making their case about the detail in the accounts which they were entitled to do.

We need to hear from the club about where it stands and if it is considering taking any action, if indeed any action can be taken.

We seem to have been very meek since this whole process has begun and I wonder why this is so.

You'd have strongly assumed they would have studied the Everton appeal and based the entire Forest deduction off that... but obviously not.

Madness.
It's like two completely different investigations unrelated to each other.
Just about everybody has had their say on the Forest points deduction .... except EvertonFC.
The reaction generally seems to be that Forest have been treated more leniently than Everton , obviously Forest and their supporters will have a different opinion.

My understanding is that part of the leniency is down to the cooperation received from Forest whereas Everton were difficult to deal with.
However, my understanding also is that both the initial hearing and subsequent appeal confirmed that Everton did not get a sporting advantage and were not doing anything other than making their case about the detail in the accounts which they were entitled to do.

We need to hear from the club about where it stands and if it is considering taking any action, if indeed any action can be taken.

We seem to have been very meek since this whole process has begun and I wonder why this is so.
As someone said on here earlier might be best to keep quiet until second hearing is heard so we look at everything. Instead of jumping in now. Also result of forest appeal

Good point. Doubt they can review the first though if we've accepted it post appeal I'd assume it's case closed. Only an assumption though
The act going through parliament this week is if any club in the premiership overspends on turn over the fine will be only 10% = a club like United is only a 65 million fine = peanuts to rich owners .... they pay more than that for one star player plus his wages ....