Summer transfer window 2023

We have a chance, a chance at finishing 17th every year! It seems that @Eggs has sufficiently lowered his standards to think that we are lucky to have a manager of Sean Dyche's, ahem, calibre.

….i think there’s an amount of snobbery and stereotypical views on Dyche the manager. I see one of the best defensive teams in the league who create chances. Thats a terrific achievement with this group.

I’m sure given a better group, he’d have us higher than 17th. I genuinely can’t think of a better manager for us and I’d love to see him with financial backing and a competent DOF.

….i think there’s an amount of snobbery and stereotypical views on Dyche the manager. I see one of the best defensive teams in the league who create chances. Thats a terrific achievement with this group.

I’m sure given a better group, he’d have us higher than 17th. I genuinely can’t think of a better manager for us and I’d love to see him with financial backing and a competent DOF.
Yes, you've made that quite clear. I just happen to disagree. He is a manager who, with the exception of one very unusual season, has always been scrabbling around the relegation zone. You could argue that he is a victim of circumstance, and certainly at Everton I would concede that point, however, no club with aspirations higher than simply surviving have ever even sniffed at Mr Dyche. There is a reason for that. Despite all of these claims, both when he was at Burnley and now here at Everton, of him working "miracles" the wider football community don't seem to rate him enough to be considered for a club who have ambitions of winning trophies or even simply to qualify for the European competitions. There's always an excuse made for Mr Dyche's lack of success but there is very rarely a convincing explanation. If he stays here, and he likely will, then 17th will always be our goal.

Seriously Zat, what Barca player do you honestly think is going to want to play under Sean Dyche? Also we need cold hard cash at the moment on any deal which is why I doubt we will be dealing with Barca as they can't offer it.

Depends if Onana says he'll only join them + also whether players not going to play every game want a new challenge.

Unlikely yes, impossible no idea.

Lots of players going for free at Sheffield Utd, Burnley and Forest/Luton this summer.
I’m sure we shall fill our boots to get some bodies in to give us a full bench for next season

Depends if Onana says he'll only join them + also whether players not going to play every game want a new challenge.

Unlikely yes, impossible no idea.
If they can only offer a pittance fee upfront then he won't be going anywhere imo. Barca players are modern, technical and want to play the game properly, regardless of game time none are going to want to run about like headless chickens in a Dycheball setup mate. The whole concept of what Barca do is about making the ball do the work which is the total opposite of what Dyche does.

Onana is Belgian

Stopped reading at Senegalese 🙄

If they can only offer a pittance fee upfront then he won't be going anywhere imo. Barca players are modern, technical and want to play the game properly, regardless of game time none are going to want to run about like headless chickens in a Dycheball setup mate. The whole concept of what Barca do is about making the ball do the work which is the total opposite of what Dyche does.

Tell you what, i dont think Fermin would mind charging around like Doucoure (but better)

Onana is Belgian

Stopped reading at Senegalese 🙄

Its where he was born :)

Anyone who thinks Dyche football is a ‘stereotype’ needs to have their eyes clamped open Clockwork Orange style and be forced to watch the first half of the Crystal Palace league game from a few weeks back on repeat.

Karamoko is an interesting one. Guy I know does physio work with the Celtic youth sides and a few years ago all he would go on about was this kid, at a very young age they genuinely thought he was one of the biggest talents they'd seen, really special. Think size and injuries contributed to it not working out, but possibly also the player expected too much too soon having played age groups up most of his youth career.

The fact he didn't get anywhere at Brest is a concern, but he's only just turned 22 and if he's matured both physically and, more importantly, mentally the word has always been there's enough talent in there to be a top player.