777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is hidden money. We will never know whose money it is. 777 are an investment vehicle for high value, high risk investments in football clubs. None of those investors gives a rats arm about the clubs they “own”. They will not want to pump money in unless the numbers add up and they see a return coming. They do not want the kudos of owning a club like Abramovich. They do not have an affinity with the club like Blackburn did. They are silent and secretive
But these investors who “only want to make money”…..that’s fine. We aren’t a quick, easy buck. Making money is going to require significant on and off pitch improvement. Whether they care about the fans or not, on that our and their interests would align.

Would like see what transfers they have done at other clubs and if have bought shirt deals ect to clubs. Is alot of negative stories that ofc youn cant over look but would just like see what they have done at other clubs. Is alot of deals that need to be done here

It is hidden money. We will never know whose money it is. 777 are an investment vehicle for high value, high risk investments in football clubs. None of those investors gives a rats arm about the clubs they “own”. They will not want to pump money in unless the numbers add up and they see a return coming. They do not want the kudos of owning a club like Abramovich. They do not have an affinity with the club like Blackburn did. They are silent and secretive
Several Usmanov-type individuals and consortiums feeding their money through 777. What could go wrong?

It’s a pity we’re not based in Belize or the Cayman Islands but maybe 777 will register their Everton investment arm there? What could go wrong?

Allow me to express my thoughts on this post…

I would suggest that Esk, Paul Brown and the others are trying hard not to create division - don’t laugh or mock, bear me out - by bringing to our attention and highlighting the shortfalls of the 777 approach for our club, and the folly of the now largely absentee majority shareholder in entertaining their approach AND suggesting 777 are the best future for our club.

The evidence piling up against 777 cannot be ignored or brushed under a carpet, so the need for Moshiri to end it and open negotiations with other parties is paramount.

Other parties will naturally need to satisfy the PL rules and regulations on being fit and proper prospective owners, and satisfy the financial requirements eg audited accounts, business plans, sources of funding etc but, while the 777 approach has been dragging on this long, those other interested parties will surely have all their details ready to go at a moments notice.

I wholeheartedly agree that all Blues, and indeed fans of other clubs with financial issues hogging their headlines, need more time to concentrate on what we want to love again - watching Everton play and (hopefully) win games but, in order to do that we must have a whole lot more confidence in the quality of new ownership and the executive team that will be entrusted to take the club forward.

As for Esk ‘shouting his way into some form of position’ - I have known Paul personally now for nigh on ten years, have attended business meetings with him and in all that time, I have never, ever heard him raise his voice never mind shout.

And on your final point, if 777 were to be approved and take over the club, and things were to go South… it would almost certainly be too late for us fans to force the issue.
This particular horse has well and truly bolted.
Ultimately It’s up to Moshiri and he is going to do what’s right for him and not the club, 777 are clearly proposing the best deal that suits him and the club are an afterthought in this. 777 are doing the best possible job of discrediting themselves as suitable owners without needing any additional highlighting (although it is welcomed personally) yet they are still hanging about like a fart in a lift because owning Everton allows them to borrow more money to prop them up. We needed a favour from the Premier league and we needed it months ago to force Moshiri into looking at other investors/buyers but now we are saddled with even more undesirable debt because the league have kicked the can down the road for far too long. Not a single one of those entities above give the slightest care about the “club”.
Moshiri needs highlighting, Moshiri needs a very large light shone on him and what HE is up to before any other group as the club’s entire existence is seemingly at his whim and for how much wasted money he can claw back.

Last edited:
But you could argue that’s them acting pragmatically to solve a problem they inherited. And it worked.

In our case it’s not HMRC but the external debt. I imagine restructuring that will be a priority for whoever comes in.
Agree but that also demonstrates a lack of cash to pay the debts incurred by that club, will they do the same with Everton with c£1bn debt? Good luck with that one....

Once 777 start opening discussions about reducing the amount they owe other businesses I think most will get spooked and probably looking to put the club in to administrattion.

Certainly shows if they can`t pay Genoa`s debt they have no hope of settling anything like what Everton have.

Several Usmanov-type individuals and consortiums feeding their money through 777. What could go wrong?

It’s a pity we’re not based in Belize or the Cayman Islands but maybe 777 will register their Everton investment arm there? What could go wrong?
There was 2 rumoured and one of them was Boyko who has a restraining order on 777 going through the courts in the US right now...

If they could prove funds with so many wealthy investors, why havent they done it yet?

Two things… 777 haven’t got a pot to p155 in and you’re thick as mince for thinking they have.
Reporter

1000015221.jpg

Back on topic, what's going on with 777?

For the purpose of debate this morning.

Hypothetically what do Blues think 777's plan is once they're through the door to turn us around?
Similar to what they have done at Genoa... get us in a position where we are not losing money every year and I don't think it'll be too different to what Kevin Thelwell is doing now in building a team with players that have potential and sell on.

They can get better terms with all the loans we have and I can't see them coming in and selling everything like people are suggesting, just wouldn't make sense as an investment. Their aim is to turn around struggling businesses and once they have done that I reckon they'll sell us for a good profit.

They could also make use of the multi club model.

They're not going to pump money, so we'll need to start being a sustainable business.

But these investors who “only want to make money”…..that’s fine. We aren’t a quick, easy buck. Making money is going to require significant on and off pitch improvement. Whether they care about the fans or not, on that our and their interests would align.
Not sure they want quick or easy. They will be ultra wealthy. They will recognise that it is high risk. I don’t understand the profit model of a PL club but I expect that to a certain degree we will be self funded as we are now.

Investor B may not like quite as high risk but say invests 500m in a policy. So on day 1 the policy has cash of 500m. Day two 777 lends that cash to Everton at say 12% pa. Each month Everton pay interest. 2% of that goes to 777 and 10% increases the value of the policy. After 5 years the loan is repaid and the value of the policy is 750m.

In order to repay the loan Everton do not have the cash so 777 facilitates the same deal with Investor C who has invested 500m into a policy.

Not all of the money coming in and out of the club will be from the same investors and those investors will not have the same risk tolerance as each other