Everton losses double in latest accounts as 'going concern' threat confirmed

We've been charged for the financial year just gone mate. So we are charged of being in breach on the below:

Year 1: Losses £139.9m in 2019-20 & £120.9m in 20-21

* These years are averaged due to Covid i.e. Add them both together and divide by 2 = a loss of 130.35. The club argued that we had crystallized losses of £82.1 mill due to Covid that were accepted by the PL. So the total accepted PSR loss for year is £48.25mill

Year 2: £44.7m - after PSR deductions - id say about 20 odd million PSR loss.

Year 3: £89.1m - again somewhere between 60-70 mill PSR loss.

I don't see how we aren't in breach for the second charge.

Going into next year, we could well breach and be charged again, we probably need to sell before June 30th. Although possible rule changes could also have an impact.

We will do nothing in the summer and try and sell everyone.

Its really bad.
Double jeopardy...that first year should be max out to 35 millions the in the new psr cycle if we follow efl rules...we are not sure how much exactly we will be able to deduct from year 3 losses...

Oh FFs the he stadium company accounts haven't been filed.

Probably not yet scanned by Companies House. I struggle to believe even we would miss the deadline given current circumstances

Oh FFs the he stadium company accounts haven't been filed.

It takes multiple days for accounts to be uploaded onto the website. Doesn't mean they haven't been filed, but it's been a holiday weekend so could be a week before they are there to view.

Where did you read this? The Barret-Baxendale Headlock Diaries? There is no way Everton has a bigger social media following than Manure or the RS.

Unless it’s just rubbernecking ghouls wanting to follow our slow motion implosion on a daily basis
All but the rich 6 not more than

Grim:

1711972586242.png

It's not good, but there are some specific overreactions here (to me):

1. Relegation is not a solution to anything. Anything you can do in the Championship you can do in the PL, with more revenue.
2. There is no imminent threat of Admin, we are meeting our obligations as they come due (which could change if we are in the Championship) thanks to 777.
3. We should be close to funded for the remainder of the season until the next transfer window opens.

The bad news is that we're likely facing another points deduction from the "independent" panel. You'd hope it's applied in the next season, as applying two in the same season is onerous. But that's completely out of our control.

A few other notes:

1. The proof is in the pudding, but it's important to remember these are backward-looking statements. This reporting period ended 9 months ago. Much has changed.
2. We had a fair chunk of salaries lopped off after 6/30. There will be two more significant ones this year for 10-11 million. These players (Gomes and Alli) don't contribute much, if any, to the first team.
3. We have sellable assets.
4. That MSP can convert their loan to equity should it not be paid in April is great for the club. This removes one threat of Admin (though it's unlikely they would pull the Admin lever as their capital would be at risk).

If you're a fan of the club, the results on the pitch still mean much more than any of this, at least at the moment.
Also, reading the report on the Beeb here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68705003
Everton have reported financial losses of £89.1m in their latest accounts covering the 2022-23 season.

A profit on player trading of £47.5m - Anthony Gordon was sold to Newcastle in January 2023 in a deal that could eventually be worth £45m.
£210.9m was spent on the continued development of the club's new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, scheduled to open in time for the 2025-26 season.
Am I being thick, or does this mean that if you remove the stadium costs (which we can for PSR purposes) the overall amount as far as that metric is concerned is a net +£121.8m? Fyi, I have not read the whole thread cos many posts mainly full of people commenting and no actual real useful info as far as I could tell from the first couple pages.

Also, reading the report on the Beeb here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68705003

Am I being thick, or does this mean that if you remove the stadium costs (which we can for PSR purposes) the overall amount as far as that metric is concerned is a net +£121.8m? Fyi, I have not read the whole thread cos many posts mainly full of people commenting and no actual real useful info as far as I could tell from the first couple pages.

No, all of the stadium costs are capitalized, they don't appear on the P&L. They are also excluded from the PSR calculation if it's proven their directly related to the construction of the stadium.

Given these latest loses even with possible allowances there is absolutely no way the club will be able to use the "we've been doing things better" excuse.

No wonder Rabinowitz hasn't worked with the club on this 2nd breach.

Similar to what I said above.

You can't blame it on the stadium when your wages/turnover ratio is so high.

Our main arguments for mitigation in the first case, COVID, stadium, USM sponsorship loses, Sigurdsson issue, showing progression to lower spending etc are just not going 'cut the mustard' as they say.