New Everton Stadium Discussion

Would halting construction give us a slight cash boost without costing us more in other fees ?

Would this help as a temporary fix? Or is it a stupid, ridiculous idea?

At the moment this is like a black hole for our already non existent finances.

The Moshiri Stadium indeed.

Get the stadium done. Remember when Chelsea nearly went under because of their stadium new stand all those years ago. Get it finished and wherever we end up we just start again from a new base…….

They couldn’t justify those prices in the Championship, however as I said we’d need to nuke the wage bill and start again, matching that of mid table clubs in that division. If we can do that then we wouldn’t need to charge extortionate ticket prices and hopefully could fill the stadium. This plan is reliant on losing pretty much every player in the current squad though, including stragglers like Keane, Maupay, Holgate etc. Every player earning over about £40k would have to be sold or released. I’m in favour of that, but it’s going to be tough to find takers for them.
It will be the pill that those players need to take to realise they are actually Championship players and noone in the PL wants them. Fingers crossed we have some escape clauses in their contracts if the worst should happen and we go down.

Reading the last 10 or so pages about our new stadium and there seems to be an awful lot of negativity, to put it mildly. As I see it there are 2 camps. You either see the new place as the iceberg or you see it as the lifeboat. I'm very much in the latter.

In other good news, Bill Kenwright no longer has anything to do with Everton FC.

Reading the last 10 or so pages about our new stadium and there seems to be an awful lot of negativity, to put it mildly. As I see it there are 2 camps. You either see the new place as the iceberg or you see it as the lifeboat. I'm very much in the latter.

In other good news, Bill Kenwright no longer has anything to do with Everton FC.
Or it could be neither and we're the sinking ship.

New stadium, new revenues great. But no so good if all of it and more are used to pay off debts to the detriment of the team.

It will be the pill that those players need to take to realise they are actually Championship players and noone in the PL wants them. Fingers crossed we have some escape clauses in their contracts if the worst should happen and we go down.
Some financial/legal expert (?) suggested the other day that players of Everton and Forest may sue their respective clubs for loss of earnings, image rights (yeah, ok!) if they get relegated due to mismanagement at the top level.

Can't recall if it was yesterday or the day before - hoping it was an April 1st prank - but if there is any prospect of this being even remotely true then that is the biggest joke of all time. The clubs should be suing these charlatans for professing to be footballers.

It's definitely the latter. Why would anyone want to buy the club with an unfinished stadium and all the additional costs required to start the project?

LOR will need paying either way. While the stadium may be causing us some significant difficulties, halting it now would cause many, many more.

There is an awful ot of negativity in EVERY thread at present.
Fuelled by the anxiety on and off the field.

The patience of the fans is becoming thin because we're in our third year of a relegation battle, and things aren't getting better on or off the field.

Last edited:

Glad that Chang are no longer our sponsors. Imagine if they had also extended their interest to the naming rights of our beautiful new home - the White Elephant 🫣

A white elephant is something that is not used. Thankfully whatever happens we are the only club (bar one other) that could use the stadium and generate the kind of income required to pay off a loan or a 3rd party as rent.

Some financial/legal expert (?) suggested the other day that players of Everton and Forest may sue their respective clubs for loss of earnings, image rights (yeah, ok!) if they get relegated due to mismanagement at the top level.

Can't recall if it was yesterday or the day before - hoping it was an April 1st prank - but if there is any prospect of this being even remotely true then that is the biggest joke of all time. The clubs should be suing these charlatans for professing to be footballers.
I imagine that story was generated from some RS WUM.

Depending on the skipper of HMS Everton in can go both ways. We need someone who can get us all pull together because we need to row an iceberg to safety.