Would it get worse without Dyche?

If Dyche left now, would Everton be in deeper poo?

• Total voters
Realistically who'd you want that's better? Forget anyone employed, as we probably cant afford the buyout.

So you're looking at unemployed, who can do well with £0, also forget anyone trying to play possession football with these players, that'd be a disaster.

For me the only realistic improvement option (if available) would be Moyes

lol moyes wouldn’t touch us

Very good point this.

I keep thinking OK 75 Branthwaite, 25m Doucoure?... so that clears some debt interest... then what?

I'm plucking at numbers here cos I simply don't know what our player fees are but hopefully with out Gomes, Alli and a few hangers on we'll be able to bring in some fresh legs.
Nobody is paying anything like 25 for Doucoure.

We really don't have too many players that would attract that level of fee unfortunately.

Objectively speaking, he's done a good job. Without points deductions we'd be sweet for relegation and but for some woeful refereeing and some terrible luck/shocking finishing we'd maybe have enough points to be in the top half and everyone would be saying how much of a miracle he has performed.

And, up until December, I actually didn't mind watching us play. We were direct, but we were also able to control periods of games with possession at times and won the ball high up the pitch with good pressing. It felt to me at the time like Dyche had evolved his style of play a touch.

However subjectively speaking, and from those who watch us week in week out, it's getting pretty dire. His selection and in game decision-making has become muddled, and the style of play has deteriorated significantly. We're now v one dimensional and only play direct, and I don't see us finding or even trying to find other routes to goal. It's a grim watch and we're sliding.

I'm also starting to get fed up with him and the shabite he talks as well. Saying at the weekend that we deliberately set out to win that way was pure bs and seemed to be a defence of criticism he has received. Was as if he was trying to demonstrate that he has more than a plan A, when in actual fact it was just a reductionist version of Plan A, or a Plan A lite. And when a Manager starts defending himself over the team in the press then it's normally a bad sign.

A lot hinges on the run in, so the jury is out.

Cheese on bread

I ask again - what is the point of discussing this topic? There's nobody at the Club who could realistically sack Dyche, and we couldn't afford another £5M+ pay off to him and his staff. Whether that's good or bad is another question.
Well we could. Because that’s like saying we can’t afford to even get 2 loans next season on 50k a week

I'm definitely losing faith with him.

The real sign of his style is the frantic gesturing on the touchline yelling at players to do this or that.

They're supposed to know what they're doing BEFORE they go out on the pitch. What is Dyche coaching them between games? Shouldn't need to be doing the histrionics.

Didn't Clough once stay on his touchline seat in a wembley final after the full time whistle before extra time started? Asked why later he said something like They already know what to do. He trusted them.

The current Everton don't seem to have a clue except play it long and hope. Dyche taking credit for the Burnley result is scandalous. We were so dire we cd easily have lost that. I have no confidence that we will get points from any of our remaining fixtures - even Sheff Utd.

Objectively speaking, he's done a good job. Without points deductions we'd be sweet for relegation and but for some woeful refereeing and some terrible luck/shocking finishing we'd maybe have enough points to be in the top half and everyone would be saying how much of a miracle he has performed.

And, up until December, I actually didn't mind watching us play. We were direct, but we were also able to control periods of games with possession at times and won the ball high up the pitch with good pressing. It felt to me at the time like Dyche had evolved his style of play a touch.

However subjectively speaking, and from those who watch us week in week out, it's getting pretty dire. His selection and in game decision-making has become muddled, and the style of play has deteriorated significantly. We're now v one dimensional and only play direct, and I don't see us finding or even trying to find other routes to goal. It's a grim watch and we're sliding.

I'm also starting to get fed up with him and the shabite he talks as well. Saying at the weekend that we deliberately set out to win that way was pure bs and seemed to be a defence of criticism he has received. Was as if he was trying to demonstrate that he has more than a plan A, when in actual fact it was just a reductionist version of Plan A, or a Plan A lite. And when a Manager starts defending himself over the team in the press then it's normally a bad sign.

A lot hinges on the run in, so the jury is out.

Cheese on bread
All of this is on the money.

The real sign of his style is the frantic gesturing on the touchline yelling at players to do this or that.

They're supposed to know what they're doing BEFORE they go out on the pitch. What is Dyche coaching them between games? Shouldn't need to be doing the histrionics.

Didn't Clough once stay on his touchline seat in a wembley final after the full time whistle before extra time started? Asked why later he said something like They already know what to do. He trusted them.

The current Everton don't seem to have a clue except play it long and hope. Dyche taking credit for the Burnley result is scandalous. We were so dire we cd easily have lost that. I have no confidence that we will get points from any of our remaining fixtures - even Sheff Utd.
Our last 3 goals have all been gifted to us as well, so lucky v Burnley and when they went to 10men, we just shut up shop to see it out, which can be a dangerous game as we seen at Brighton. Long term being more interested in not losing than actually trying to win games, will only end one way at a club like ours

Dyche has thrown us more points away - than the prem have deducted us IMO - no youth players being tried plus 2 goalkeepers on the bench even at home is a joke in football management IMO -

If he have the misfortune to go down - We need a replacement young enterprising Manager who can develop youth players as most of our star player will definitely go - up or down in the Prem ...

He plays the games on really fine margins, which is why he’ll have very good defensive record but very very poor attacking output.

His entire philosophy his 0-0 draw first, then try to snatch a set piece goal or one on the counter. We’ve never won a game from behind.

If that’s how he wants to play, sound. But you simply cannot approach games with no idea how to attack when in the final 3rd. If he wants to go long, then go long. But make sure you have bodies around Dom to pick up the second ball and then build from there

Allardyce was the king of that at Bolton. Davies was the battering ram and the ball would more than likely drop with a 10 yard circumference of him. Then other players would pick it up and the attack would start from there. We don’t, we hit long, Dom or Beto are up against 2 defenders and not one of our players is within 15 yards to pick up any scraps. They’re too worried about being in position for the opposition.

I’m baffled by how this happens, it’s a real cautionary approach to football. His Burnley teams also hit the buffers in the second half of the season, running out of gas. Something we’ve seen as well.

He’s got himself into a very fortunate position with us, he’ll never have a chance like this again and he’s blowing his only chance to change the narrative about his style of play.

Maybe he’ll have a reawakening in the summer when the dust has settled, I personally cannot see it but we live in hope