New Everton Stadium Discussion

Any updates on the estimated completion date? Just trying to fume over how long we’re going to leave a billion £ asset sitting there before the new season.
LoR handover to the club is December. Then there will be a period for the club to manage the FF&E which wasn't part of the main contract. No idea how long that will be but will no doubt run in conunction with test events, training, re-location etc.

I expect it will be around April time before it is FULLY ready, hence why the club have delayed until the following season.

Think it would have been better if the would have had more of a darker silver roof covering to match up with the barrell cladding.
Tbf every render I have seen, including the original 'People's Project' app, clearly shows the top roof section as a different, less shiny effect. The barrel section and top roof are made from different materials as they have differing requirements.

It will look mint and there are plenty of other things to focus disappointed toward.

Screenshot_20240413_111934_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_111358_People's Project.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_111720_Google.jpg

LoR handover to the club is December. Then there will be a period for the club to manage the FF&E which wasn't part of the main contract. No idea how long that will be but will no doubt run in conunction with test events, training, re-location etc.

I expect it will be around April time before it is FULLY ready, hence why the club have delayed until the following season.

That makes a lot of sense, thank you.

4 more trees in the fanzone and the entrance to the Hydraulic Tower looking 👌
View attachment 252662View attachment 252663

That’s been one of my favourite parts of the new stadium.

When you walk down towards it and see the old train tracks incorporated into the roads/walkways by the tobacco warehouse and titanic it gives a strong recognition to what was once a furiously industrial area.

Same as the Albert Dock; which in my opinion is the best regen project in the world. But then again I’m a bit biased.

Tbf every render I have seen, including the original 'People's Project' app, clearly shows the top roof section as a different, less shiny effect. The barrel section and top roof are made from different materials as they have differing requirements.

It will look mint and there are plenty of other things to focus disappointed toward.

View attachment 252645View attachment 252646View attachment 252647
Something else I’ve noticed from these renders, the fan plaza has a brick effect flanking the steps. It’s currently just a concrete slab, does anyone know if that’ll be covered with same cladding around the ground?