If there was one Everton match you wished you had been at but missed when was it?

When we beat Utd 5-0 in October 84. The only home game I missed in 84/85 due to my Dad’s second wedding. It took a long time to forgive him.

I live in Newcastle and we used to take the Scottish Sunday Post newspaper in which the match report marked us at 13/10

Well I feel lucky, having been to all of those memorable 80's games (All the semi finals and the Watford final, Munich and Rotterdam, United 5-0, Sharps winner at Anfield) - actually, every time Everton played a game from mid 83-84 season until the end of 87 (with a few exceptions of course) were memorable! And I was at most of them.

So, to answer the question - I'd pick the 66 Cup Final - I wasn't born until 69 so missed a that 'other' great Everton side!

The title clincher vs WBA in 1970; as it was an evening game my mum would not let me go because it was a drive of over 90 minutes. The annoying thing was that it was during the Easter school holidays. My dad used the ticket and went with my uncle even though he was not that keen on football.

He's not wrong. What a moment it must have been.

I have been lucky enough to go to all the 'iconic' Everton 80s games. I'd trade almost any of them to go to Anfield that day.

Leaving early? Wasn't Cahills after about half an hour?
Not 2 goals in last 3 mins it was Pienaar who scored 1st I think.

…apparently 40 years ago today. I was playing at the time but I remember sitting with pals in the bar after my game huddled around a radio listening to this happening. No big screens and few live games back then, how things have changed;

IMG_8618.jpeg

…apparently 40 years ago today. I was playing at the time but I remember sitting with pals in the bar after my game huddled around a radio listening to this happening. No big screens and few live games back then, how things have changed;

View attachment 252698
One of the great moments and pitch invasions we were just to the left of the north bank and remember watching the video of that goal over and over again for weeks

Probably Arsenal at Goodison in 2007 when AJ hit a very late winner in the pouring rain. Was only 12 at the time and my older brother wouldn't go because of the weather and the fact we'd have had to bus it. Whenever I see that goal back now I still get mad.
Wasn't it snowing,?