2023/24 Dele

He’d be an interesting case to psychoanalyse. What motivates some to reach the pinnacle of elite sport but then what motivates them to stay at the top and continually seek to improve themselves?
In Dele’s case you would guess that he wanted to put distance between him and his early life situation, but once he achieved that there doesn’t seem to have been any drive?

At that’s where Everton have fallen down. We’ve landed ourselves with someone who is no longer motivated to play pro football. Who sat across from him as part of the transfer and looked him in the eye? They need to be given a serious kicking for this one.

Was a Lampard call I reckon. Bit of arm round the shoulder and knowing him from the London social scene etc.

Apart from a decent 20 minutes v Palace he's been in semi retirement from Football for about 5 years when you think of what a bit part player he was at Spurs at the end.
Did Lampard say redknapp told him to sign him? Doesn't absolve those above him pulling the plug mind

Did Lampard say redknapp told him to sign him? Doesn't absolve those above him pulling the plug mind
Same agents. Nailed on ‘two-fer’ to sweeten the deal / get Lampard.
Both atrocious appointments.
That clip of them meeting at FF with Lampard saying ‘we did it’ turns my stomach.
Best part of £20+ million on that pair of frauds and the entourage.
Can’t even blame Red Kev 😂

Same agents. Nailed on ‘two-fer’ to sweeten the deal / get Lampard.
Both atrocious appointments.
That clip of them meeting at FF with Lampard saying ‘we did it’ turns my stomach.
Best part of £20+ million on that pair of frauds and the entourage.
Can’t even blame Red Kev 😂
Never ceases to amaze how often the line 'same agent' appears at top level sport