2023/24 Amadou Onana

So, if Busquets was the type of midfielder who was successful as an anchor then why cant another player who is excellent in the role for Belgium also be successful?

Just take a moment and think how Busquets would look in the role Onana is being told to play?

Who would he be passing forwards to and how would he be 'marshalling' the midfield of Doucoure (galavanting around like a dog finding a bone) and Garner?

Its not about the quality of the player, its their playing style and how they would be used to be a success in this team?
Zat whoever played with Busquets would raise their game just because they were on the same field as him, an Doucoure would find plenty of bones, yes Garner needs to raise his game but nowhere as much as Onana. Zat I’m afraid it is all about the quality of the player otherwise I wouldn’t be criticising Onana.
Zat, you like him, I can’t stand him so there’s no happy medium we can agree on but I do honestly admire the way you stand up for him. I can imagine what you’ll be like if he ever improves.