Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
Our next manager needs to be someone who can develop youth players as that is what we are up against for the next 3 years or so due to financial restrictions, so this rules out Moyes & Dyche as both are not interested in youth players and never have been.

Lee carsley gets my vote, either way this new guy will have to get us up back in the Premier League after Dyche has done what he does best, relegated teams

Our next manager needs to be someone who can develop youth players as that is what we are up against for the next 3 years or so due to financial restrictions, so this rules out Moyes & Dyche as both are not interested in youth players and never have been.

Lee carsley gets my vote, either way this new guy will have to get us up back in the Premier League after Dyche has done what he does best, relegated teams
Just because Carsley has worked with youth teams doesn't mean he will pick youth players at club level its a different job. Everyone said Lampard would pick youtH players because he had at Chelsea but it turned out he was only doing that because they were good and when he got here and didn't have Reece James and Mason Mount to work with he wasn't interested.

Moyes plays winning 'anti football' and i was never bored watching moyes everton. I remember towards the end of his time the last 3 or 4 years we would often play some very nice football and win at home in games we were expected to win by big scorelines.
Especially in his last season, Im guessing he was trying to expand his style a bit before taking over at manure, but we played some very decent football.

Just because Carsley has worked with youth teams doesn't mean he will pick youth players at club level its a different job. Everyone said Lampard would pick youtH players because he had at Chelsea but it turned out he was only doing that because they were good and when he got here and didn't have Reece James and Mason Mount to work with he wasn't interested.
This is such a obvious point that the play the youth!-crowd seems to overlook again and again. If we dont have academy players good enough to play in the premier league, why in the world would the manager play them? If young players are good enough, they always get a chance in the first team.

Ian Evatt from Bolton Wanderers. His teams play good football. He is young, ambitious and has had success.

I am going to assume, by your username, that you may have also seen first hand what he was like at Barrow :).

For the others, straight away he looked better than Barrow when he was our manager. Like with some players it was obvious that he had the potential to manage at a much higher level. I would not be against gambling on him.

I am going to assume, by your username, that you may have also seen first hand what he was like at Barrow :).

For the others, straight away he looked better than Barrow when he was our manager. Like with some players it was obvious that he had the potential to manage at a much higher level. I would not be against gambling on him.
This is correct. He managed to turn unfancied Barrow into National League Champions. (Albeit in the curtailed Covid season) playing some great football and scoring goals. He then went to Bolton and took a big club out of League 2 at the first attempt. He is now got them battling for promotion into the Championship though if they are going to do it it will be via playoffs. His managerial stats are impressive and he could bring fresh ideas and work with a smaller budget.

Carsley is a very very excellent coach but he is working with top top players at their level. He would be a very high risk given.

Everton's problem has been managerial wise since Moyes who stuttered a few years but he ruled the roost, we have appointed Managers/Coaches who can't be that Iron Fist when it comes to players because they hold the keys.

Football has changed and we need a manager who can deal with a lot of aspects such as:
Man Management
Promotion of Youth
Little Transfer Budget
Be able to implement their style on this current squad

I just hope we have a board which is competitive and innovative to look outside the usual Talksport Approved bums.

Carsley is a very very excellent coach but he is working with top top players at their level. He would be a very high risk given.

Everton's problem has been managerial wise since Moyes who stuttered a few years but he ruled the roost, we have appointed Managers/Coaches who can't be that Iron Fist when it comes to players because they hold the keys.

Football has changed and we need a manager who can deal with a lot of aspects such as:
Man Management
Promotion of Youth
Little Transfer Budget
Be able to implement their style on this current squad

I just hope we have a board which is competitive and innovative to look outside the usual Talksport Approved bums.
Ian Evatt ticks all those boxes albeit at a lower level he had made no secret he wants to manage at a higher level. He’s maybe under the radar at the moment but if he takes Bolton up into the Championship then he will certainly be on it. This was unthinkable even two seasons ago but the options for Everton manager has changed. There’s always risks but if you follow his career to date he’s got potential to manage at higher levels.