777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This lot will be the final nail in the coffin. Will sell all of our sellable players (brainthwaite, onana, pickford) and mortgage the stadium. Probably jack up costs for season tickets, etc
The debt levels and need to complete the stadium means those players have to be sold anyway. As for the season ticket prices...it's going to happen whoever takes over.

The debt levels and need to complete the stadium means those players have to be sold anyway. As for the season ticket prices...it's going to happen whoever takes over.
And not to mention the need to sell players to break the cycle of PSR penalties. No matter who comes in has a forced hand in that regard. That and season ticket hikes for the new stadium are pretty much baked in.

There isn’t a potential owner alive on this planet that could make me wish we had Moshiri and the muppet crew back.
How about a consortium of recent ex-managers of EFC, pooling together their extortionate pay-offs to finally buy out the club and finish the destructive job they started?
Just imagine the lively boardroom meetings and headlocks over the gravy boat!!

Problem then is we have literally no players left anyone will want so nothing to bail us out in future seasons
You're right, until PSR changes at least. But my point was just that with things like player sales and price hikes it's inevitable and forced, no matter who owns us next. The problems the next owners will be forced to deal with won't change.

In theory I agree. But cutting costs means selling your best assets. How well will that really go down?
But we also have a quite staggering level of debt too. And one thing you can say about 777 is that they aren’t exactly renowned for paying their bills on time.
Indeed, they’ve said that buying us would make it easier to leverage more debt against the football group.
Plus, we know that they take money out of their clubs and move it to other bits of their organisation. That’s not good
I don't think they're buying us to leverage against the club. I think they're doing it to smash the stadium piggybank with a sale the day they walk through the door, use the proceeds from the sale to cure their cashflow problems, and hope to grow their way out of debt by selling sporting assets as they appreciate.

They're making a huge bet that rights fees will continue to go up, up, up and bring club values along for the ride, but the growth of those fees has stalled. That's one major reason heavily leveraged clubs like Barcelona and the Italian giants ended up in the soup.

The point of the Prem's equity rules is to be able to tell showers like this lot where to go. That should have happened a long time ago. Repeating the Hicks and Gillett fiasco is not good for any club's valuation, which is why there's a rule.

All the subordinates with their “just get behind them “ shouts the last few weeks. They are the traitors, don’t forget that

IMG_0236.jpeg

I see the Esk is up to his old tricks of stirring the pot again about issues with 777s airline investment.

While there are real concerns about 777s intentions and ability to fund Everton, I would ask simply and plainly, what is the alternative?

If we do not sell to them then we have an Owner in Moshiri who has lost all interest and lost a major source of funding/revenue because of the war in Ukraine.

All in all, I don’t disagree with some of what the Esk says but I think he relies too much on the tactics of mainstream media which is scaremongering and doom news.

He portrays himself to be a big player in terms of finance but he doesn’t offer anything but negativity to our fanbase. All this at a time when admittedly there is a lot to be negative about but as fans we just need to ignore the noise and focus on our role of supporting the team.

I for one am fed up with being expected to know and care about amortisation and our accounts over a rolling three year period.

Like a lot on here, I was brought up an Evertonian by my dad and while he may have a lot to answer for, he brought me up to be a fan of the football side of things not the finances.
An excellent post and I have highlighted the most important line....