New Everton Stadium Discussion

The stadium will no belong to the club when it is finished. That seems clear from the financial mess we are in.

This is not some £30 million stadium that can just be taken over with a plethora of possible tenants should we fall out.

An investor would have to pay some serious coin for something that won't return as much as it costs without us playing in it. That means there has to be some give and take in a relationship, a near 50% ownership scheme could well be possible to iron out our difficulties, but also if the new owner can get a loan with a proper institution at a decent rate, tied in with naming rights then our finances could turn around quickly. Especially if we sell a Branthwaite/Onana type to resolve the immediate PSR issues.

Just watching the reds play Atalanta (though if they score one more the TV is going straight in the bin) - big old stand development going on at one end - but the other end is fantastic. Insanely steep. When you get a long shot of the goal at that end, it’s just a curtain of Atalanta fans behind it.

I’m guessing that wouldn’t meet UK regulations, as I’m sure I read Bramley-Moore is as steep as it’s allowed to be.

Nothing xenophobic about wanting these mutant Irish-Celtic-Everton fans banishing into the nether.

The Irish have been travelling to watch Everton for generations.... in fact far longer than they have any other club. On top of that, something like 75% of the city's population is of Irish descent and in the days of half and half bobble hats many were half celtic. So, to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too....

The Irish have been travelling to watch Everton for generations.... in fact far longer than they have any other club. On top of that, something like 75% of the city's population is of Irish descent and in the days of half and half bobble hats many were half celtic. So, to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too....

5c993918849a1858176cc694ee3c354a.gif

YOU brought up the 90's in the first place you complete flute.

We currently sell out our stadium despite being utterly crap, we don't have a massive chunk of foreign-PL only fans travelling over to us, we will sell out regardless of the division because we are Everton fans, not PL fans.

The only fans I would hope it would stop attending are the newfound cohort of Irish-Evertonians like yourself that should just go back to being the kopites they're desperately trying to be.
You come across as something of a bigot... or as is a popular description on this forum - a bellend.

Pack it in with the personal attacks. I've been going to goodison religiously since the early 90s and I well remember matches before the age of sexy sky sports when we'd struggle like hell to come close to filling the old girl.

No chance a wet Tuesday night home to Rotherham or the like sells out. Likewise with us in the championship we'd be the big draw so our games would get moved all over the place for TV.
Attendances fluctuate for all clubs based on a variety of factors though.

In the case of home attendances, when we were at our best in the mid 80's we were only getting low 30K's, whereas now we sell out 39K with ease. Economic factors etc can have a huge influence.

In the Moyes era when we were challenging for Europe we used to get low to mid 30Ks and then after Martinez's first season when we actually started to decline, the demand went through the roof.

It's been a similar story away from home. I remember aways at places like Sunderland and Newcastle where we'd only manage 1,700-2,000 midweek whereas now we sell out at SJP midweek each time. Even in the 5th place season under Martinez when Barkley scored that solo goal and we were on an amazing run going for 4th we only took about 2,000 up to SJP, yet the other week in dire times we sold out 3,200 easily.

The demand in this current era is extremely high. Even the cup games against boring sides like Burnley sell out these days, when they wouldn't have done 10-15 years ago. It will remain extremely high with the move to a newer and better stadium.