New Everton Stadium Discussion

I was responded to your comment on the 90s mate. I'm not bothered about Wembley. We will struggle for attendances in the championship is all I'm saying.
Not if we're winning games
 IF
If it comes to the championship - and I'm by no means certain it will - It will probably be a totally different EFC both on Field and Off.

The key point will be...
How much of a wait and see how we go / honeymoon period there is

But it won't come to that.

Will it?

Wow

Reading the last few pages of this thread which is supposed to about the new stadium and instead im reading some borderline xenophobic tripe !!!

Anyways back on topic I wonder how the internal fit out of the stadium is going ?

With the test events will that be opened to season ticket holders only ?

I no longer live on Merseyside but would love to be one of the first to attend a test event there

Wow

Reading the last few pages of this thread which is supposed to about the new stadium and instead im reading some borderline xenophobic tripe !!!

Anyways back on topic I wonder how the internal fit out of the stadium is going ?

With the test events will that be opened to season ticket holders only ?

I no longer live on Merseyside but would love to be one of the first to attend a test event there
Yeah. I think I read or heard somewhere that LOR plan to hand it over in December, so presumably testing starts early 2025

Attendances fluctuate for all clubs based on a variety of factors though.

In the case of home attendances, when we were at our best in the mid 80's we were only getting low 30K's, whereas now we sell out 39K with ease. Economic factors etc can have a huge influence.

In the Moyes era when we were challenging for Europe we used to get low to mid 30Ks and then after Martinez's first season when we actually started to decline, the demand went through the roof.

It's been a similar story away from home. I remember aways at places like Sunderland and Newcastle where we'd only manage 1,700-2,000 midweek whereas now we sell out at SJP midweek each time. Even in the 5th place season under Martinez when Barkley scored that solo goal and we were on an amazing run going for 4th we only took about 2,000 up to SJP, yet the other week in dire times we sold out 3,200 easily.

The demand in this current era is extremely high. Even the cup games against boring sides like Burnley sell out these days, when they wouldn't have done 10-15 years ago. It will remain extremely high with the move to a newer and better stadium.
I remember being able to get half season tickets 10 years ago, and only ever going near restricted views for cup games in the years I didn't have a season ticket. Demand has increased so much

I mean, have you really?

We have no foreign cohort like across the park filling our stands and we have always had a massive waiting list for tickets.

We follow Everton, not the PL.

We see you for what you are.

We have not always had a waiting list.

The waiting list only come into play when the ground was announced. I was on it for a matter of weeks before being offered a ticket the second season of Koeman. Before then it was relatively easy to get a ticket for the game.

Since then it has grown but it's only to do with the new ground. People want to be at the last season at Goodsion then the first season at Bramley Moore.

We haven't always had great attendances. We struggled in the 90's and the 80's before Kendell come along. We had 13k at home to Coventry once.

If it wasn't for the new ground, there would be no waiting list and whilst we'd still be filling the ground the demand for tickets would not be as high as it now.

With the constant rise in ticket prices, the cost of living and a team that seems to get worse year after year, once the novelty of the new ground has worn off I think we will struggle, especially if we are a championship team.

There's no need to attack anyone for thinking this. The people on the waiting list have no obligation to buy a ticket, and a lot of current season ticket holders including myself have said once the novelty of the new ground wears off, we won't be renewing unless there's significant improvement in the club.

We have not always had a waiting list.

The waiting list only come into play when the ground was announced. I was on it for a matter of weeks before being offered a ticket the second season of Koeman. Before then it was relatively easy to get a ticket for the game.

Since then it has grown but it's only to do with the new ground. People want to be at the last season at Goodsion then the first season at Bramley Moore.

We haven't always had great attendances. We struggled in the 90's and the 80's before Kendell come along. We had 13k at home to Coventry once.

If it wasn't for the new ground, there would be no waiting list and whilst we'd still be filling the ground the demand for tickets would not be as high as it now.

With the constant rise in ticket prices, the cost of living and a team that seems to get worse year after year, once the novelty of the new ground has worn off I think we will struggle, especially if we are a championship team.

There's no need to attack anyone for thinking this. The people on the waiting list have no obligation to buy a ticket, and a lot of current season ticket holders including myself have said once the novelty of the new ground wears off, we won't be renewing unless there's significant improvement in the club.
I think we have had this discussion previously and determined that the waitlist apperared before the new ground was announced. I have started to believe its all down to economic factors. There is much more wealth around these days than 10-15 years ago.

When we were last relegated attendances dropped by around 12% season one and by the same in the second season down (a combined fall from 42k average to 32k average) but bounced back in our promotion season to be higher than the year we got relegated at 44k average.

My late Dad was in his teens and going to the games with his Dad and he always said that things could have got ugly in terms of attendance/apathy if we had not turned things around in that third year and got promoted.

This is a useful summary of our attendance history:

When we were last relegated attendances dropped by around 12% season one and by the same in the second season down (a combined fall from 42k average to 32k average) but bounced back in our promotion season to be higher than the year we got relegated at 44k average.

My late Dad was in his teens and going to the games with his Dad and he always said that things could have got ugly in terms of attendance/apathy if we had not turned things around in that third year and got promoted.

This is a useful summary of our attendance history:

It's a fair point and I always had an interest in seeing how the Geordies crowds for example would have dropped had they not bounced back up straight away.

They have had some outstanding average attendances in the 2nd Tier but always had the benefit of optimism of coming back up.

If relegated, our crowds would remain high as long as there was a realistic chance of coming back up.

Like any other club if the hope of promotion failed our support would drop off a fair bit which is understandable.

It's a fair point and I always had an interest in seeing how the Geordies crowds for example would have dropped had they not bounced back up straight away.

They have had some outstanding average attendances in the 2nd Tier but always had the benefit of optimism of coming back up.

If relegated, our crowds would remain high as long as there was a realistic chance of coming back up.

Like any other club if the hope of promotion failed our support would drop off a fair bit which is understandable.
It’s a weird one with us ,early 90s are crowds were in the low 20 thousands but so was 90 per cent of the league then after the Wimbledon game and especially when royal took over the crowds picked up to the mid 30 thousands like people got a scare into getting back the match