Have the blues ever brought you to tears?

Well?

• Yes

• Close

• No

• Am a bloke and it’s not very Andrew Tate to cry

• Tears on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
My boys at an age where his heads still in the clouds. I take him the home fixtures but when we play away he's just as happy playing football in the garden than he is watching us on tv.

I do therefore wonder if the newer generation of football fans will grow to have the same bond with the sport that we did growing up. A defeat back in the day would ruin my weekend but with how rigged the sport has become, I do think the game is viewed a lot more like a WWE show these days rather than something that meant everything to you.
Definitely won't, granted I'm in Ireland so it may not be the same in England, but theres not much support for football here now, Rugby and Gaa are far more popular with youngsters these days, I work in a secondary school and on Jersey day you'd see maybe 20 PL club shirts in a school of near 1000 students. There's little to no chat about football.

'86 season right after the cup final. No contest. I was 9 years old and of course we should have aced the league. And of course we scored first in the cup final. and OF COURSE it was those rats who we lost both to. Having to go to school...aged 9... surrounded by them....that was traumatic.

Last night was the first time in a LONG time that I was genuinely euphoric about football (as opposed to the massive relief of avoiding relegation). I feel oddly emotional about it today. Haven't quite sprung a leak, but having distanced myself from footy as best I could over the last few years, I am surprised at myself for reacting like this.

This must be what a happy footy fan feels like. Weird.

Last night was the first time in a LONG time that I was genuinely euphoric about football (as opposed to the massive relief of avoiding relegation). I feel oddly emotional about it today. Haven't quite sprung a leak, but having distanced myself from footy as best I could over the last few years, I am surprised at myself for reacting like this.

This must be what a happy footy fan feels like. Weird.
I'm working from home today, all on my own. On a few occasions this morning when walking to the kitchen I've found myself randomly doing a little fist pump and saying "GET IN!" to myself under my breath lol

….i was more upset standing outside Villa Park after Tommy Booths goal in 1969 than I was outside Wembley after the Baggies beat us in 1968 but I was only 11.

These days, I tend to get more emotional about Everton stories than Everton matches, particularly regarding fans. I dare say leaving Goodison will have its emotion, given I started going in 1959/60 and still have great memories of my Mum and Dad in the place.

….i was more upset standing outside Villa Park after Tommy Booths goal in 1969 than I was outside Wembley after the Baggies beat us in 1968 but I was only 11.

These days, I tend to get more emotional about Everton stories than Everton matches, particularly regarding fans. I dare say leaving Goodison will have its emotion, given I started going in 1959/60 and still have great memories of my Mum and Dad in the place.

I was in the season after with my Dad in GSE Stand.

This cloud is dogging me a little. The closer it gets the sadder I feel. Contrary I suppose but it definitely feels like loss.