New Everton Stadium Discussion

Might be wrong on this, but isnt the stadium owned by Everton Stadium company, which in turn is owned by Everton? If we sell a stake in the ground, will it be in the building or the company that owns the building?

Either way, we always knew we would have to pay for it somehow, either by increased revenues, debt, or naming rights. Is selling a stake in it only the same as selling shares in the club? If we sold a 25% stake in the stadium value, for a lump sum, while we maintain a controlling interest, couod that be a savvy way of freeing up some funds which we need now, rather than in 20 years?

Just wondering.

P. S. Either way, its a 25% lump sum we would not get for Goodison, and even with that 25% gone, at the increased earning potential, including naming rights, etc, its also still a hell of a lot more than we would get for staying at Goodison as well.

its also still a hell of a lot more than we would get for staying at Goodison as well.
Do we know this? I might have missed this being discussed but can we even afford a new stadium with our turnover? Are we not going to be paying for this for many years to come with a poor team on the pitch? I know it's too late now like but genuine question.

Do we know this? I might have missed this being discussed but can we even afford a new stadium with our turnover? Are we not going to be paying for this for many years to come with a poor team on the pitch? I know it's too late now like but genuine question.

Going from an expected £700k to £2m a game. That doesn’t include the events it’s going to be used for.

For the long term good selling a portion of the stadium (and therefore future revenues) seems short sighted.

I think I'd rather a genuine fire sale of players this summer and assemble a firefighting squad to get us 17th next year or two. Let's face it they can't be much worse than the current expensive squad anyway but long term gives the opportunity to build.

Selling a share of future revenue seems the start of the end.

This is part of an article from yesterday evening about the club being about to sell up to 49% of the stadium. I know its the echo but it does show a difference in multiple articles by national media about the stadium and how its being funded.
Screenshot_20240420_171149_Chrome~2.jpg

For the long term good selling a portion of the stadium (and therefore future revenues) seems short sighted.

I think I'd rather a genuine fire sale of players this summer and assemble a firefighting squad to get us 17th next year or two. Let's face it they can't be much worse than the current expensive squad anyway but long term gives the opportunity to build.

Selling a share of future revenue seems the start of the end.

Just depends how the calculations go. It could be wrong, but it could also be right in certain circumstances.