Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're having trouble scoring. I just cannot see where the goals are going to come from.
Therefore, 0-0 seems the most optimistic scoreline from each of the remaining games.
Perhaps someone could set up a vote on the number of goals we'll score until the end of the season. I think less than 3, possibly 0
Nah, I think it will be more than 3 surely. I bet it will be 5-7.

The low scoring is something we have since BigSam, expect for the one silva.

Three points today would absolutely sicken Luton and Burnley.

If we did we'd have a 5 point gap on Luton and 7 point gap on Burnley (effectively a 6 point gap and 8 point gap, respectively, due to GD) almost certainly too much for both to make up; a near enough home banker against Sheff Utd to come and two games against Brentofrd and Luton we stand excellent chances of draws or more in...oh, and maybe a point handed back from the PL appeal.

In short: three points today and it's 99% over for those two.
If anything, I would imagine that 3 points for Forest would be worse for Luton than us winning.

Mathematically they have a better chance of catching them than us. Luton would obviously be hoping for a draw rather than either of us winning either way.

It's a massive game tomorrow, we need to win and it can be done. Lose, we are f****d and starring at relegation in the face.
Really harsh I've had a warning for this. I starred out the letters. I have a friend on Bluemoon and one on Football Forums and it isn't sensitive like this on any of them at all. As long as it's starred out, it's fine.

I like your optimism. I don't suppose it's ever too early to be in the pub. 😁
I know it’s hard at the moment, but you have to be sometimes :). Maybe it‘s the basque never give up mentality and some personal fates like Leukemia yrs ago I went through and change your approach.

I am aware that our last goals have been a pen and opposing mistakes. But I believe in football, if luck happens a lot it‘s ability and bad luck is inability.

Same with our late points give-aways.

The words home banker and Everton shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence.
Yep.

I have to say this: it;s nice to be in a position to predict or at least project a win today that gets us out of this mess, but it really means f.a. if this team cant improve its level of performance by at least 50% over the last few weeks.

This is a huge hurdle to get over. We might need to accept that a draw isn't catastrophic and that the game against Sheff Utd is the one we get safe with.

We have it all to do today. I said on the match thread I thought we'd win 2-0. Bravado I think. We enter this game as narrow 2nd favourites and the crowd before and during the game needs to make up the gap between us and Forest for us to prevail.

I don't feel confident, but I don't feel negative about this either. Its a strange one.

Bottom line: we need our goal scorers to turn up or the mood and tide will turn against us.

If anything, I would imagine that 3 points for Forest would be worse for Luton than us winning.

Mathematically they have a better chance of catching them than us. Luton would obviously be hoping for a draw rather than either of us winning either way.
Yes. I should have clarified an just said in relation to us.

What are we basing this on, genuinely? Burnley absolutely pissed the Championship last year and most people on here thought they’d stay up comfortably.
Burnley have been surprisingly poor, but Luton and Sheff Utd were both acknowledged to be among the weakest sides to ever come up.

Three points today would absolutely sicken Luton and Burnley.

If we did we'd have a 5 point gap on Luton and 7 point gap on Burnley (effectively a 6 point gap and 8 point gap, respectively, due to GD) almost certainly too much for both to make up; a near enough home banker against Sheff Utd to come and two games against Brentofrd and Luton we stand excellent chances of draws or more in...oh, and maybe a point handed back from the PL appeal.

In short: three points today and it's 99% over for those two.
I think both Burnley and Luton will want us to win. They need to keep one team right in it

Yep.

I have to say this: it;s nice to be in a position to predict or at least project a win today that gets us out of this mess, but it really means f.a. if this team cant improve its level of performance by at least 50% over the last few weeks.

This is a huge hurdle to get over. We might need to accept that a draw isn't catastrophic and that the game against Sheff Utd is the one we get safe with.

We have it all to do today. I said on the match thread I thought we'd win 2-0. Bravado I think. We enter this game as narrow 2nd favourites and the crowd before and during the game needs to make up the gap between us and Forest for us to prevail.

I don't feel confident, but I don't feel negative about this either. Its a strange one.

Bottom line: we need our goal scorers to turn up or the mood and tide will turn against us.
Wait just a minute……….

We have goalscorers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back