2023/24 Ashley Young

I am it seems a minority that none of the pen claims had substance. They where weak claims that may have been given in the 1st season of VAR when Liverpool and especially Salah exploited the contact (no matter how feeble) rule by exaggerating it. I applaud VAR today. Besides that point I do not want to see Young ever again play at full back. On the verge of a red card and on the verge of a penalty more often than not. Dyche seems blind to what most Evertonians can see and believe but seems either unknowing or stubborn
The first one the guy was diving first for a pen before Young got near him minimal contact as he was already divng for a pen- the 2nd one the hand ball - too close to get his hand out of the way - the 3rd one again the forest player diving across him before Young arrived - the last one again the ball hit is hand from close range - so I agree with you the referee saw no pens nor did VAR -

Youngs slowness of speed makes him a liability at rightback though..

I hope he gets another season purely because some of the mega prolific posters on this forum keep referring to him as a 40 year old and they hate being wrong so another year will give them some wiggle room.