Relegation 23/24 Thread

We're nearly safe for this year anyway despite the PL's best efforts. Outside of the rs and Arsenal the rest of the remaining fixtures don't look that bad at all.

Why would they get points back and not us?
Personally I think we're more likely (or should be) to get something than them. Even our IC disagreed with how few they were given for the scale of their breach.

But who has any faith left in a consistent or logical process? Personally I'm primarily looking at our position relative to just Luton because we know with certainty what they are on and what we need to do to finish ahead of them.

That said, from where we are now with the games we have left no excuse not to finish ahead of both.

The problem is, year on year the squad gets a little bit worse. We get closer to relegation with every season. Last year we were down to the last 30 minutes. This year, I don't trust these cowards to get a result.
Good shout except this season we have won 38 points from 34 games. The last two seasons we were behind this number after 34 games. Notwithstanding the effect on morale that the deductions have had.

Let me reming some people: this was the 'no chance' 'free hit' game....remember?

We were expecting nothing and got it.

Onwards to Forest at home...a team we've already beaten at their ground this season.
Genuine question. When we got the 10 point deduction you said that there is no chance that we would be mentally strong enough to stay up and I was very critical of your stance. You are a lot more bullish now and have been since you've returned. That is, you've been optimistic even before the win today (well yesterday now). What has happened to change your mind?

I can’t bear much more of hearing how many points we’d be on without deductions as a reason for winning an upcoming game. Yes we would have been safe. But current performance/confidence/cohesion is nothing like the team that picked up a dozen points in a couple of weeks. We aren’t that team. It was the exception and has no relation of current ability to even win a corner never mind a match.

Going to take a Herculean amount of bottle next week after that. Or a scrawpy early goal and hang on.
And I can't bear much more of hearing that it was the exception. We took 13 points from the 7 games before the 10 point deduction.

Genuine question. When we got the 10 point deduction you said that there is no chance that we would be mentally strong enough to stay up and I was very critical of your stance. You are a lot more bullish now and have been since you've returned. That is, you've been optimistic even before the win today (well yesterday now). What has happened to change your mind?
Getting the 4 points back?

Getting the 4 points back?
Possibly but I am interested in what @davek thinks because we carried the cloud of 10 points and having had a further two point deduction we are only 2 points better off than had the 10 point deduction stood. He arrived back after the win over Burnley so we had only won one league game this calendar year when he reappeared.

Possibly but I am interested in what @davek thinks because we carried the cloud of 10 points and having had a further two point deduction we are only 2 points better off than had the 10 point deduction stood. He arrived back after the win over Burnley so we had only won one league game this calendar year when he reappeared.
Forced sabbatical...yet again? The great man.