Relegation 23/24 Thread

Going off their reaction after the game yesterday, I think they already have.
2c57vtq8rwvc1.jpeg

First one sadly any contact made; second one Young does;t move his arm toward the direction of the ball and it was not intentional; third one by virtue of the fact the Forest player touch the ball first in the box and then gets more of a challenge from Young from behind should have been penalised.

But they have nothing to be moving about as we were denied against them this season too.
I thought the first and third were pretty clear penalties. Young going through the back of a player regardless of how much contact was made.

I agree on the handball. It's from very close and his arm, even if extended, is in a totally natural position and according to the law.....

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised
Given Young's movement in that specific situation it's not an offence. It's the clearest non-penalty of the three.

Forest might actually implode from this, especially when they have City next.

Actually scrambling my brain how people are STILL in here trying to make it a two way fight between us and Luton lol acting like that game v Luton is the decider and winner takes all. Lads, there is another team in between us with possibly the worst run in of the lot.

Mad how even after just comfortably beating a direct relegation rival, and having arguably the easiest fixtures plus a game in hand, some of our fans still can't resist the urge to do doomsday scenarios where we don't pick up another point and Luton and Forest go on to win 2 or 3 out of their last 4.

Even more funny when Forests next game is against treble winners Manchester City and 1 of our games is at home to one of the worst sides in Premier League history, Sheffield United.

I think just five more points will be enough now. Obviously we've gotta aim for every point on the table regardless but I honestly think that five more will be enough and anything beyond that is a bonus. When all is said and done, I'll consider this an acceptable campaign from an extremely poor team and manager. If we'd not had eight points stolen from us, we'd be comfortably away and safe from the relegation zone, stress free, and just two points of the fabled 40 points line with five games to spare and that's nothing to be sniffed at with this wretched side.

We'd be mathematically safe now if not for the points deductions.

Utterly pathetic, too, that Clattenburg frames himself as an impartial observer in that piece - constantly referring to Forest as “they.”

He’s on the payroll, FFS. A paid lobbyist.

The whole thing is as disingenuous as anything you’d see on the front page of that hideous newspaper.
Typical piece of attention seeking by the narcissistic Clattenburg, he didn't make his remarks to help Forest, he made them to put himself in the spotlight. Having said that, if I was a forest fan I would be fuming at the officials yesterday, if there had been only one good shout for a penalty against Evergreen Ashley, I'd have been mad, but 3 all of which could have been given... I'll take it like, it's about time a couple of decisions went our way, but, it's really was shambolic from both the ref and VAR.

Mad how even after just comfortably beating a direct relegation rival, and having arguably the easiest fixtures plus a game in hand, some of our fans still can't resist the urge to do doomsday scenarios where we don't pick up another point and Luton and Forest go on to win 2 or 3 out of their last 4.

Even more funny when Forests next game is against treble winners Manchester City and 1 of our games is at home to one of the worst sides in Premier League history, Sheffield United.

Hardly doomsday to urge caution given the lack of rest we have this week and us playing a Brentford team who've suddenly found good form. And would you be comfortable going to Luton needing a result to keep them from getting too close?

We'll very likely be fine as it will take a bizarre combination of results but we've got a challenging few days ahead.

That's the same one of the worst teams in PL history who nearly beat us earlier in the season, btw.

Let's throw everything we have at getting it as close to done as possible by Saturday, don't want to be relying on the last games.