Relegation 23/24 Thread

I dont think Forest created that much tbf. One big chance in either half

Neither did we mind you

Read somewhere that only three away teams have actually scored at the Gwladys this season. Luton, Man. United and Spurs. Always feel comfortable that away team can be kept out attacking that end compared to Park End which is a far more sedate environment.

It's a bit radical and goes against tradition but one thing I'd like to see next season is attacking the Gwladys more in the first half. Can only think of the Chelsea game where that's happened this season but that was a comfortable 2-0 win over a top half team. Also was a 3-0 over Palace in 2022.

I know when Emery first came at Villa he saw their starts at home were very slow so got them attacking the Holte End in first half and they frequently went 1 or 2-0 up in first 20 minutes and could manage the game there.

5 home wins with three left to play is still mediocre and will be in another relegation battle next season if that isn't improved on.

Mad how even after just comfortably beating a direct relegation rival, and having arguably the easiest fixtures plus a game in hand, some of our fans still can't resist the urge to do doomsday scenarios where we don't pick up another point and Luton and Forest go on to win 2 or 3 out of their last 4.

Even more funny when Forests next game is against treble winners Manchester City and 1 of our games is at home to one of the worst sides in Premier League history, Sheffield United.

Any other day we lose that game.

For once we got a tremendous amount of luck.

Three genuine penalty shouts, a world class save from Pickford and a scuffed shut, that deceived an unsighted goalee. ( I know they all count )

Like others have said, everyone is made up that we won, but lets not pretend that it was a great performance and we won at a canter.

However, two wins on the spin at home, breeds confidence, which can only be a good thing.

Three genuine penalty shouts, a world class save from Pickford and a scuffed shut, that deceived an unsighted goalee. ( I know they all count )

Like others have said, everyone is made up that we won, but lets not pretend that it was a great performance and we won at a canter.

However, two wins on the spin at home, breeds confidence, which can only be a good thing.
I always like it when TV etc say Everton have won 2 in 16 games stuff. When they could easily just say its 2 wins in 3 instead lol

They have 4 games with Sheffield Utd and Burnley being 2. They have a fair chance of getting to 32 . They have Chelsea at home and who knows how that game will go. Chelsea thrashed us but they fairly recently drew with Burnley and Sheff Utd.

Odds on we are in a good position but the pressure will crank up if we can’t get something in the next 2 games.

We have the Appeals to come as well.

We have 5 games with Sheffield United being one. So providing we just beat Sheff Utd at home, 32 wouldn’t be enough for Forest.

If we’re going down the road of Forest getting points back from the appeal then we must do the same for us.

Why so negative?

2-0 is Everton winning at a canter. That's the best we can generally hope for with our attack, and with the amount of clean sheets we have kept this year then we should be fairly confident even when 1-0 up (I know most of us never are)

Great goal by Gana and not a scuffed shot, and as for the penalty shouts....... 1 of them we were lucky with. The other 2 not penalties.

Great save by Pickford though.

We are better than all of the teams below us. There should be no doubt that we stay up and will stay up by some distance also.

If we get 4 more points then Forest have to win 3 of their remaining 4 games to overtake us.

Yeah I think Forest will survive too

You would think the last thing that the premier league wants is the points appeals to decide who survives and who doesn’t after the season is over.

Bottom three as it is will go down in my opinion

I feel a 2-0 win is a comfortable scoreline.

Also, when I was at the game, from where I was sat I worried about the 1st challenge on Reyna but the other 2 decisions I didn't think were penalties when I was there.

I also felt Taylor gave them nearly every 50/50 so came away thinking we were the more hard done to side. It's only when I got back to my car that I heard about all the uproar. We may not have been great but lets also not pretend Forest did anything special either. I thought we were the better team. They were poor. Gibbs White was awful.

I never felt like there was any heart in the mouth moments whilst in the ground, except for the Wood chance in the 1st half really. Even the Gibbs White miss second half was a poor effort.