Relegation 23/24 Thread

Well said Macc, Hope Dyche and the boys feel the same as us.

Free hit on Wednesday, but one in which we should have a proper go at them.

Leave everything on the grass at Goodison by the final whistle.

Whatever happens on Wednesday, go again on Saturday exactly the same.

Get it done and stick two fingers up to the corrupt PL well before the final weekend.

100%. This week is so important. First job done yesterday with the win. Got to go again and give everything we've got against the rs. Team selection is vital on Wednesday. There'll be no room to carry anyone on Wednesday.

We have 5 games with Sheffield United being one. So providing we just beat Sheff Utd at home, 32 wouldn’t be enough for Forest.

If we’re going down the road of Forest getting points back from the appeal then we must do the same for us.
We should be alright but it'd help my blood pressure no end if we were on 33 points before we play Luton. Pressure off quite a bit. If we then drew they are pretty would be pretty much relegated.

Chelsea are 14 unbeaten, have 2 games in hand on most above them and are out of the cup so need to qualify for Europe via the league. They're one of the teams I wouldn't want to play at the moment.
Problem is that Brentford are also looking solid at the moment.

100%. This week is so important. First job done yesterday with the win. Got to go again and give everything we've got against the rs. Team selection is vital on Wednesday. There'll be no room to carry anyone on Wednesday.
A point for us would be huge on Wednesday.
We can't afford to take them on or they will cut us open.
I would prefer a defensive set up keeping Liverpool out and hope for a break or maybe something from a set piece.

If anyone is not 100% then save them for the Brentford game.

A point for us would be huge on Wednesday.
We can't afford to take them on or they will cut us open.
I would prefer a defensive set up keeping Liverpool out and hope for a break or maybe something from a set piece.

If anyone is not 100% then save them for the Brentford game.

Sounds like a plan to me mate. What I don't want to see is them hoofing a long ball and us getting done because we've tried to press them like immature bellends.

We've got to be physical and outwork them

I'd be happy just to kick them off the park.

We'll need to do a lot of that I reckon mate.

Up top is the main concern for me. Who can make it an uncomfortable night for their centre halves? Is Chermiti up to being thrown into such a game? Whoever plays up top has to physically go to war and not give their centre halves a moments peace.

Step forward Keane of Michael

….ha, ha, on the contrary but we’ve beaten them once so we shouldn’t be passing this opportunity up. They remind me of the old crazy Wimbledon team in terms of attitude but if we can live with their intimidation we can see them off. Big, big game.
I think Brentford are there for the taking. But our players will have played twice since they last did. That'll have a big impact on the outcome.

It's a pity because we've done the double over Burnley and Forest recently and Brentford would make it three and they are surely not going to be as intense and up for a war as we're likely to be.

I think Forest end on 30 points. Lose to City and Chelsea. Four points from Sheff U and Burnley.

Assuming they do not get any points back

I think Luton finish on 29 points. Lose to Wolves and West Ham, draw with us and win against Fulham.

We are home
Credit to West Ham for that win vs Leeds despite them having every reason to tiptoe around with their UECL final looming. Hope they can do it again with Europe still to play for.

A win vs Luton or a draw vs Luton and one more win imo.