777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

As I’ve said before, get safe first then reevaluate.

We are realistically past the deductions even with that nonsense 3rd charge looming that I’d be confident of anyway.

A couple of big player sales to balance the PSR, new stadium nearly that proper money can refinance and start looking upwards

I don’t know what you’re getting at here mate. Are you saying that because we’ve kicked the payment down the road a bit that they haven’t actually cost us £40m?

Is it financially prudent to sell two players for £10m and then spend £40m on their replacements who are no better a year later?
in a P&S sense those two players bought hit us say 8m per year for 5 years (assuming 5 year contracts).

In a cash flow sense nothing paid in year which probably helped pay stage payments on the stadium. Although my guess is we would have got 100% cash up front

in a P&S sense those two players bought hit us say 8m per year for 5 years (assuming 5 year contracts).

In a cash flow sense nothing paid in year which probably helped pay stage payments on the stadium. Although my guess is we would have got 100% cash up front

Imagine if we still had to pay £8m towards the transfer fees of Gbamin and Moise Kean this summer, would you see that as a good thing?

Yes, so in year 1 the charge is neutral between the incomings and outgoings. Years 2-5 are the issue.

The second part in regards to cash flow is correct, though it's not as if selling those players and buying Beto were linked or the only two options. We could have bought a better player than Beto, and if we were concerned with cash, we could have just not bought Beto.