777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesn't bode well when a club in need money, is giving its precious resources to potential new owners to help them find money to buy the club.

Bananas.

Peak Everton.

Sounds a similiar situation to what happened with Newcastle, Staveley & the Reuben Brothers wanted to buy the club but weren't willing to put up the money so they approached PIF who purchased 80% with the former taking the remaining 20%.

Sounds like you may have a situation with EFC where a new group purchases x% of the club off Moshiri with 777 owning the other ×% or something similar.

Not ideal unless it was a big hitter similiar to PIF but I imagine 777 will want a majority stake. You also have the issue of 777's poor reputation in the business world - who will want to do business with them ?

Makes a complete mess of his usually inane questions in pressers. Used to clearly annoy Dyche. His first Everton coverage was a horrendous listen. Think he once used 2 of his 3 questions to ask Dyche what he thought about something Liverpool had done. Didn’t get the message after the first question that he was on thin ice.

But, has popped up recently with some fairly concise summaries of our ownership situation. Looks like he does now have a source. Not seen any real Mail-style clickbaity fluff pieces.

I would take the statement about there being no other involved parties as being true tbh. Thats the only bit that matters in this article. The rest we knew already.
This.

He’s the one who asks the most ridiculous/mind numbingly boring questions at the press conferences, same as the previous bbc journo did before him (must be a bbc thing).

Always sounds like he’s just woken up when he gets his turn to ask a question.

I’ll wait for someone with some cred before I listen to him.

Sounds a similiar situation to what happened with Newcastle, Staveley & the Reuben Brothers wanted to buy the club but weren't willing to put up the money so they approached PIF who purchased 80% with the former taking the remaining 20%.

Sounds like you may have a situation with EFC where a new group purchases x% of the club off Moshiri with 777 owning the other ×% or something similar.

Not ideal unless it was a big hitter similiar to PIF but I imagine 777 will want a majority stake. You also have the issue of 777's poor reputation in the business world - who will want to do business with them ?

Id say the likes of the PIF are prestige investors or looking to diversify assets out of fossil Fuels and catch both prestige and exposure mate.

To sum up:

• 777 try to buy Everton with no cash
  • They can't close the deal in Q4 of 2023, so they borrow the money from a friend
  • They tank their largest source of cash, and their friend goes running to save his own business
  • The PL tells them they need to pay MSP back, they are surprised by this even though the debt was always due in April of 2024
  • They can't find the cash, they get an extension from MSP
  • They try to borrow the money, they can't
  • They use Moshiri to find another partner with cash, because they have none

This would make a great mini-series. It would be a tragedy/comedy.

The only appeal 777 may hold to another investor is there multi club model that they already possess. Outside of that, I would be suprised if too many investors would want to do business with this shady group.

I often wonder are they trying to bundle together clubs and sell them as a ready made football group to a wealthy investor eventually mate - its a key question really, how do you make money out of a mutli club model and why bother as opposed to the traditional model........

David Tepper or Hal Steinbrenner...the 2 I think might be interested based on absolutely nothing.
Hal Steinbrenner is part of a group called Red Bird Capital who own 99.93% of AC Milan, Red Bird also own Toulouse and a minority stake in Liverpool...

Steinbrenner is defo defo defo not happening.

1713878175811.png

Saves you the trouble though doesn't it.

777 is already rumored to have put two clubs on the market. An oil state can go out and buy 2nd rate clubs at a much quicker pace than 777.

There's nothing attractive about a group of middling clubs, and it distracts from what an owner or group is meant to provide: cash and operational excellence. They certainly don't have the cash, and the operational excellence seems to be in doubt as well.

Hal Steinbrenner is part of a group called Red Bird Capital who own 99.93% of AC Milan, Red Bird also own Toulouse and a minority stake in Liverpool...

Steinbrenner is defo defo defo not happening.

View attachment 253906

He doesn't have the cash for that, he'd have to put a group together.

I thought it might be David Blitzer with his ties to MSP. He owns a minority stake in Crystal Palace with his buddy Josh Harris.

777 is already rumored to have put two clubs on the market. An oil state can go out and buy 2nd rate clubs at a much quicker pace than 777.

There's nothing attractive about a group of middling clubs, and it distracts from what an owner or group is meant to provide: cash and operational excellence. They certainly don't have the cash, and the operational excellence seems to be in doubt as well.

Of course but the point being, its an off the shelf group - of course if you have unlimited funds you can do it yourself piece by piece, but it may appeal if it is wrapped up for you. I can see the pros and cons. Its a warren of established European clubs and buying into that exposure could be attractive, just from a leverage point of view in exposure and diversifying. Even from a power brokering point of view 777 themselves are on the board of the ECA arent they.

Im not suggesting 777 remain involved, i wondered whether the end game was to sell it or part of it collectively in a bundle eventually.

Last edited:
Of course but the point being, its an off the shelf group - of course if you have unlimited funds you can do it yourself piece by piece, but it may appeal if it is wrapped up for you. I can see the pros and cons. Its a warren of established European clubs and buying into that exposure could be attractive, just from a leverage point of view in exposure and diversifying. Even from a power brokering point of view 777 are themselves are on the executive team of the ECA arent they.

Im not suggesting 777 remain involved, i wondered whether the end game was to sell it or part of it collectively in a bundle eventually.
Yeah i do think they are in a chicken and egg situation, they want to raise money off a completed portfolio, but they need the money to complete it with us. So they’re kind of stuck having to find a way to get us rather than give up.

I can see the point of investing in a portfolio rather than an individual club and I guess 777 provide an off the shelf product like you say. Lots of investors like the idea of football but the downside is how much the value of your investment swings on the kick of a ball / a moment of luck / a bad decision. A portfolio of clubs I guess diversifies your risk and flattens your variance.

Maybe that model attracts some mid sized investors, your sovereign wealth funds can just do it all themselves. Unfortunately it’ll be a major turn off though when the risk isn’t the clubs themselves but the people selling the investment.