Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
….our corners;

Whilst corners are one area where we might threaten, I’ve lost count of the goals and chances THEY’VE had when they break. It’s a definite tactic of theirs to hit us quickly from our corners, get players bombing forward when our defenders are in their area.

Something we have to be aware of.
Couldn’t agree more. Not only that two other things need to happen. Firstly Gomes needs to be relieved of corner duties (don’t think I’ve ever seen such poor corners as what I witnessed on Sunday) and secondly the corners need to avoid VVD as they’ll be rendered useless anyway.

Listening to some of the mutants in the office yesterday, they had some (slight) concerns that we had more to play for in this coming derby, and that there players don’t seem as motivated, particularly against teams who dig in against them. Spent a long time whingeing about how much City and Arsenal have spent, and how the rs should be canonised for challenging on all fronts without spending obscene amounts of money. They were also saying we are where we are because we are crap, not because of financial mismanagement. Completely missing the point that without the financial mismanagement we wouldn’t have had any points deducted. They really are the most deluded bunch of mouth breathers aren’t they. I have never known fans as blinkered. I kept my thoughts to myself, but have saved each comment to be used against them should we win or get a draw (which would effectively end any title challenge hopes). Then i shall wheel out that whilst we are crap, poorly managed etc. we are not serial bottlers. I do enjoy using that one nowadays, it really stings :)
One of them in our place asked another RS yesterday,what they could still win this season,they are literally a different breed🤣🤣🤣

….our corners;

Whilst corners are one area where we might threaten, I’ve lost count of the goals and chances THEY’VE had when they break. It’s a definite tactic of theirs to hit us quickly from our corners, get players bombing forward when our defenders are in their area.

Something we have to be aware of.
Yeah mate, we're never more dangerous to ourselves than when we get a corner against them🙄😔👍

Common sense says play the youth team in this one and not risk any cards or injuries. Save the key players for Brentford and Luton where 3pts are much more achievable.

The heart though says smash em!

Anyone ever managed to listen to games on BBC Radio Merseyside via their phone on an app or something?

I can’t make it to the game tonight and was hoping to listen to the game on the radio if possible.

Had issues in the past where I can listen to the channel but then it gets blocked when the football coverage starts.

Anyone ever managed to listen to games on BBC Radio Merseyside via their phone on an app or something?

I can’t make it to the game tonight and was hoping to listen to the game on the radio if possible.

Had issues in the past where I can listen to the channel but then it gets blocked when the football coverage starts.
Are you overseas as this happens to me if I dont use a vpn.

I would love to say we have a chance tonight, but that is the Evertonian in me they always give you hope.
But reality is we probably don't stand a chance, we were very lucky v Forest and we won't be against this lot, they will create lots of chances plus Dyche will play young & Harrison. Who will be turned inside out and the game will be out of sight within 20 mins.

If he replaces them 2 clowns with Godfrey and Garner then things could be different, but he won't.

You might aswell go an sit in the pigeon abusers living room with the tele on mute.

Be the same experience. It'll be on talksport

IMG_8727.jpeg