Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
….our corners;

Whilst corners are one area where we might threaten, I’ve lost count of the goals and chances THEY’VE had when they break. It’s a definite tactic of theirs to hit us quickly from our corners, get players bombing forward when our defenders are in their area.

Something we have to be aware of.
Saw an interesting stat last night regarding corners, every commentator seems to point out how reliant Everton are on set pieces yet the stats have us on par with a few others … arsenal were at the top of goals from corners with 13, then there was a group of about 6 or 7 clubs, including us and our ugly neighbours, all on 10 goals from corners. So whilst we probably do play to our strengths on set pieces we are far from the only club who do this.. ( although admittedly other clubs do score goals from elsewhere too which we struggle with 😂)

Just reading a preview of the game and the stat that jumped out is that they are on 99 wins. That’s that then. It’s always the same. If a player is on 99 goals, and has been for 6 months, he comes to GP and gets it. If a team has never won 3 on the bounce they come to GP and do it. These stats make me vomit.

Just ride the early storm Everton. They'll try and absolutely blitz us early doors and we've just got to stay in the game and frustrate them, stand up to them and any chances/set pieces that come our way we simply have to make the most of them.

Every player tonight has to stand up, be counted and demand rhe maximum from themselves and their teammates. Come on Everton, make yourselves heroes and give the fans a moment of magic to cling to.

I said Mcneil would have a worldie on Sunday, it was more Mark Pembridge but with a goal, so I'm going to say tonight is the night he delivers his worldie performance.

Time for him to be a Derby hero

Just reading a preview of the game and the stat that jumped out is that they are on 99 wins. That’s that then. It’s always the same. If a player is on 99 goals, and has been for 6 months, he comes to GP and gets it. If a team has never won 3 on the bounce they come to GP and do it. These stats make me vomit.

And a very good morning to you too mate.

Surely the players can up their level 10% tonight knowing that a victory all but assures our safety? If Crystal Palace can waltz up to Anfield and beat them then us, at home, should not roll over and have our bellies tickled by them.

Even a draw would be huge.

Now the question for me is will Dyche sabotage us by playing Young who:

1. Didn't look like a professional footballer when he played against Liverpool earlier in the season
2. Would be marking the rapid Diaz
3. Will have the officials all over him if he makes any kind of challenge in our box

I think we know how this one plays out though - at least two of the following will probably apply: Everton red card, Liverpool penalty, Liverpool player to be treated incredibly leniently to avoid sending off.

I'll go for 2-0 them.

Surely the players can up their level 10% tonight knowing that a victory all but assures our safety? If Crystal Palace can waltz up to Anfield and beat them then us, at home, should not roll over and have our bellies tickled by them.

Even a draw would be huge.

Now the question for me is will Dyche sabotage us by playing Young who:

1. Didn't look like a professional footballer when he played against Liverpool earlier in the season
2. Would be marking the rapid Diaz
3. Will have the officials all over him if he makes any kind of challenge in our box

I think we know how this one plays out though - at least two of the following will probably apply: Everton red card, Liverpool penalty, Liverpool player to be treated incredibly leniently to avoid sending off.

I'll go for 2-0 them.
And what about the second half ?