Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

'A fantastic night of football'​

FT: Everton 2-0 Liverpool
3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg

Everton
More from Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin, speaking BBC Match of the Day: "What a night!
"I thought we stuck to the game-plan and we executed it - we stuck together. The defensive unity built the foundation.
"We built from there [Jarrad Branthwaite's goal] as a collective and fans in the stadium - a fantastic night of football.
"If you can win your duals it stands you in good stead and second balls in the middle of the pitch we allowed them to have possession, but we didn't fear they were going to hurt us.
"That was the biggest thing, hard work and endeavour.
"Football is a funny old game. I went a fair few without scoring but I have scored in the last few.
"We have to keep believing and try your best to stay positive."
On league position: "The reflection on the league is not true, but we have accepted our reality.
"Big three points, the one on Saturday [against Nottingham Forest] was massive and tonight it puts us in a far better position.
"We have to build on that and we have to try put in a performance at the weekend."

His best line was about Van Dijk yelling about 12:30 kickoffs straight after a midweek derby defeat.

"If you lose a derby you should want to be back out playing tomorrow putting it right..." or something along those lines.
I think that’s on likes of klopp that you know, he is constantly moaning about kick off times, the more you moan, the more that gets in your own players heads “maybe this is bad for us.”

They are proper cryarses.

Just got home from work having avoided the radio and internet so I did`nt get to hear the score as the game was going on.
Made a cuppa, sat down and flicked on sky sports page to see the result and WOOOOOOOOOOOHO!!!!!!! I never expected to see that result.
Pretty much makes us save and kicks them lot where it hurts.