Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i could be wrong here but why were they even checking the first goal for offside

the free kick was the first phase of play, then godfrey's shot is in the second phase of play after liverpool clear the free kick initially

the second phase of play both branthwaite and calvert lewin are miles onside

surely you can't rewind to the first phase of play to check for offside, im sure this happened in a game earlier this season or last season where they said that because the goal was scored in the second phase of play they couldn't rule it out for there being an offside in the first phase of play

in fact it may have been a liverpool game

Well, fellas, after years of trying, I finally made it over from America, and apparently I was the missing piece. Sat in the Paddock for Forest -> 2-0. Stood in the Lower Gwladys for the derby -> 2-0.

I'll be back in the LG for Brentford and in the Park End for Sheffield United, so we'll see if my theory holds. :cool:

What an experience tonight was, though. Absolutely epic and well worth the wait. May just be because I tend toward the sentimental, but it has started to rekindle some hope for what we might be again in the future.

Proud of the boys for a hell of an effort tonight. We wanted it more. Simple as that.

Amazing mate. You deserve that and Let's hope Everton finish your trip off with another top drawer win Saturday

1713997938265.png

They put in the hard yards and got their rewards.