Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, fellas, after years of trying, I finally made it over from America, and apparently I was the missing piece. Sat in the Paddock for Forest -> 2-0. Stood in the Lower Gwladys for the derby -> 2-0.

I'll be back in the LG for Brentford and in the Park End for Sheffield United, so we'll see if my theory holds. :cool:

What an experience tonight was, though. Absolutely epic and well worth the wait. May just be because I tend toward the sentimental, but it has started to rekindle some hope for what we might be again in the future.

Proud of the boys for a hell of an effort tonight. We wanted it more. Simple as that.
Fancy emigrating?

'To give the people that is pleasing'​

FT: Everton 2-0 Liverpool
3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg

Everton
Everton boos Sean Dyche, speaking to BBC Match of the Day : "Tricky game against top opposition, but to give the people that is pleasing for all of us.
"They care and we care, we made that clear as a collective.
"A clean sheet and some big saves from Jordan Pickford, but we created enough chances ourselves. But, there was energy and the commitment to the cause.
"I thought the general performance was very good.
"I don't understand the depth of this derby as I am not from round here, but I am learning quickly."
On Everton's fans: "Their [Everton's fans] voice was incredible so we are very pleased with that.
"They have been brilliant we got heavily questioned after the Chelsea [result] and rightly so. We wanted to keep pointing in the right direction and they have stood by us again tonight.
"It is a long journey here, but that is a very pleasing moment of the recent ups-and-downs here."
On being safe: "To be honest it is a difficult one, you couldn't believe some of the performances we didn't win [earlier in the season]. You have to find a way to win."

I remember him patting Martinez on the head. Martinez should have slugged him but he’s too much of a gent. I knew what he was from that moment. Karma police came calling tonight. He’s lorded it for years, came back to haunt him tonight love it.
I've never forgotten Klopp's arrogant laughter in that horrible 4-0 derby defeat, his first derby. To see him now in his last derby, broken, livid and aging before our eyes like Albert Steptoe... it is a beautiful

Well, fellas, after years of trying, I finally made it over from America, and apparently I was the missing piece. Sat in the Paddock for Forest -> 2-0. Stood in the Lower Gwladys for the derby -> 2-0.

I'll be back in the LG for Brentford and in the Park End for Sheffield United, so we'll see if my theory holds. :cool:

What an experience tonight was, though. Absolutely epic and well worth the wait. May just be because I tend toward the sentimental, but it has started to rekindle some hope for what we might be again in the future.

Proud of the boys for a hell of an effort tonight. We wanted it more. Simple as that.
Mate if you get 4 wins in a row they'll have to name the new stadium after you. Not sure crimson is appropriate though