Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

View attachment 254131
What can I say. As most of the old timers here (I almost read through the whole thread and only few people believed in positive outcome) I haven't expected anything from this game. I considered a draw would be a miracle, but still I decided to watch at least the first half. Boy, glad I did.

What a dynamic game that was! Even after we scored first I didn't give much hope because so often we see the things turn around badly for us.
Closing up after the scoring wouldn't do us any good, and the way the first half ended I thought that would be the scenario - that added a lot more of anxiety. Only after the second goal I started to think we may have get this.
This massive result is the combination of hard work, character (how often I complained about the lack of it), and of course luck. Speaking of latter let's be honest it rarely was on our side recently. How many games we couldn't capitalize on opportunities we had created. And here we are scoring with every third shot on target.
Being part of hardcore critics of Pickford, I always gave credit to his brilliant ability of saving close range shots, that what he did perfectly yesterday. Thought to give MoM to Godfrey for his huge clearance early in the first half (because conceding an early goal would be devastating), then to Branthwaite for his highly important goal, then to Gueye for his hard work, and of course I thought of Dom and his header. But in the end, my MoM is Tarkowski maybe his work wasn't so obvious, but as the captain and the central back he did play a massive role in this game.
This is derby win is incredible! I hope you all - young, mature and grumpy old ones - will enjoy it as long as I do. I think I put the Blue heart to every single "Yesssssss!" comment after the Dom hitting the back of the net. I'm really happy for all of us, and this son of gun from this thread who put his 2 quids on Everton win - way to go pal! I really wish you put more, my faith wasn't there even for a penny. And @matty1878 you were saying about bouncing if we draw, I guess now your wearing the beard made of clouds flying high in the clear Royal Blue sky 🙂.

oh mate i am!!!!

IMG_20240425_112842.jpg

Teaching yr 3s today. Closest collegue is a red...