The late, great, Alan Ball

kev

player valuation - PRICELESS
Apologies if it has been posted elsewhere, but today marks 17 years since Bally died. RIP
My first footballing hero and still the best player I have ever seen in an Everton shirt.
I am sure he would have loved yesterdays result.
1714041457919.png

…..without doubt the greatest Everton player I’ve seen, I loved him growing up. 1966 and Everton signed 21 year old who was MoM in World Cup Final a month or so earlier and he never once failed to live up to that billing.

I remember distinctly my Mum waking me up showing the full back page ‘Everton sell Ball’ when he left and I remember exactly where I was when I heard he’d passed, driving to a meeting in Leeds heading down the hill to the Brighouse junction.

Story; 1970, the night we beat West Brom to win the league, as normal my dad and uncles took me into Everton Supporters Club on City Rd where they went for a pint. In comes Alan Ball snr who had in his pocket his sons winners medal which he let me touch. What a moment for 13 year old.

…..without doubt the greatest Everton player I’ve seen, I loved him growing up. 1966 and Everton signed 21 year old who was MoM in World Cup Final a month or so earlier and he never once failed to live up to that billing.

I remember distinctly my Mum waking me up showing the full back page ‘Everton sell Ball’ when he left and I remember exactly where I was when I heard he’d passed, driving to a meeting in Leeds heading down the hill to the Brighouse junction.

Story; 1970, the night we beat West Brom to win the league, as normal my dad and uncles took me into Everton Supporters Club on City Rd where they went for a pint. In comes Alan Ball snr who had in his pocket his sons winners medal which he let me touch. What a moment for 13 year old.
that story about him dropping le tissier for when Southampton played us in 94/95 to help us out , i only heard about this years later, boss ball mate