Match Thread Everton 1-0 Brentford - Pre-match chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Shibbywiggles

The minimum requirement is maximum effort
What a difference TWO games makes …and what a second win that was

The relief from beating Notts Forest and feeling a lot further away from the drop seemed to wash over the whole club, players and fans alike, and suddenly we had a feeling of having nothing to lose against our loveable neighbours with the chance of an unprecedented quadruple treble double on the line.

I liked the way Dyche set us up at the start of the season even though the results weren’t there, I liked the spirit shown during ten point deduction galvanised time and the results which followed but I have not liked our Everton since pre Christmas. We’ve been bad. We’ve been scared. We’ve been battling relegation unfairly due to ten six eight points being taken from us (yes I only just worked out how to do strikethrough font).

Against Forest we showed that old ‘grinding out a result and not giving up’ spirit from the galvanised games and boy did we build on that last night.

We’ve said enough. We’ve laughed at our pals across Stanley Park enough (not really though). It’s time for the next one. The third in a trilogy of ShibbyWiggles game previews that by the end of 90 minutes will have mathematically proven we are a premier league team whatever the premier league try and do to get rid of us.
OR.
We might go back to being crap like we were against Chelsea and quite a few other games this season. That’s the fun of being an evertonian. You wouldn’t change it though on days like today would you?

There’ll be a team of eleven now lauded and loved Everton players (I cba predicting who this time) and yeah they’ll be playing Brentford who may or may not gamble on Toney’s fitness.

Let’s make it 3/3 💙

Will be a tough one this. Might be a bit flat after the highs of last night. Would love a win but would be OK with a draw.
I dont think we will you know? I think they (like us) knew that the Forest result was jammy, despite the workrate. Yesterday wasnt jammy, and yesterday was 100% because of the workrate. I think they will now play more like they did a while back were we pressed teams off the park. If we do that we have more than enough to do the biz against the Nylons!

Will be a tough one this. Might be a bit flat after the highs of last night. Would love a win but would be OK with a draw.
I actually think we’ll absolutely crush them tbh
They are safe and have nothing to play for
We are safe but riding high off the buzz of a derby win and the crowd will be ready to get behind the boys if they try and play a bit

I think Dyche takes the shackles off a bit and we have some fun!

OR!

We could be crap 🤣

Come on Everton, another three points and another clean sheet.

35 EVEBRE.jpg

What a difference TWO games makes …and what a second win that was

The relief from beating Notts Forest and feeling a lot further away from the drop seemed to wash over the whole club, players and fans alike, and suddenly we had a feeling of having nothing to lose against our loveable neighbours with the chance of an unprecedented quadruple treble double on the line.

I liked the way Dyche set us up at the start of the season even though the results weren’t there, I liked the spirit shown during ten point deduction galvanised time and the results which followed but I have not liked our Everton since pre Christmas. We’ve been bad. We’ve been scared. We’ve been battling relegation unfairly due to ten six eight points being taken from us (yes I only just worked out how to do strikethrough font).

Against Forest we showed that old ‘grinding out a result and not giving up’ spirit from the galvanised games and boy did we build on that last night.

We’ve said enough. We’ve laughed at our pals across Stanley Park enough (not really though). It’s time for the next one. The third in a trilogy of ShibbyWiggles game previews that by the end of 90 minutes will have mathematically proven we are a premier league team whatever the premier league try and do to get rid of us.
OR.
We might go back to being crap like we were against Chelsea and quite a few other games this season. That’s the fun of being an evertonian. You wouldn’t change it though on days like today would you?

There’ll be a team of eleven now lauded and loved Everton players (I cba predicting who this time) and yeah they’ll be playing Brentford who may or may not gamble on Toney’s fitness.

Let’s make it 3/3 💙
A proper pre match preview. Odd.

2-0 to Everton and go above Brentford in the process.

COYB, UTFT, FTPL

I actually think we’ll absolutely crush them tbh
They are safe and have nothing to play for
We are safe but riding high off the buzz of a derby win and the crowd will be ready to get behind the boys if they try and play a bit

I think Dyche takes the shackles off a bit and we have some fun!

OR!

We could be crap 🤣
It could all go a bit Arsenal match after the Palace 3-2 comeback.